GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Didn’t ask you

2 Likes

msg rcvd

3 Likes

Looking up @PamPurrs new upright electric to see what that’s all about and then THIS gets suggested to me! It’s like they can see into my brain what I think would be cool, even things I don’t know about. Luckily, it will take me at least two years of research to confirm any first impression.

7 Likes

It looks awesome @DaveT.
I would love one :+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

No problem. I’ll just send it on over.

8 Likes

Ow, that’s an excelent Purchase explanations/excuses for your partner. Got it from DaveT. Do you, by any chance, have any stingray laying around?

4 Likes

Sorry, @gcancella,
I don’t have any stingray’s.
I have 2 rickenbacker 4001 , both seventies.
I have 2 P-bass , both seventies
I have 2 harmony h22 basses both sixties
I have 1 of everything else.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

As I discussed on our live hang yesterday, the electric upright bass (EUB) that I purchased a few weeks ago has a slight crack in the headstock. My sales guy at the music store told me to go ahead and take it home and play while he awaits another supply of them.
A couple weeks ago I phoned him to inquire as to when he might get them, and he said they were on back order and he doesn’t know.
At that moment I was stricken with a GAS attack, and asked about trading up for the other, more expensive EUB I was admiring in the store, but alas it had sold and the store had some on order.
Yesterday, within 30 minutes of my departure from the live hang, he called to inform me that one had arrived and he’d put my name on it.
Later today I’m exchanging my Ibanez EUB for the much better N.S. Wave. I’ll see how good my negotiating skills are as I beat him up for the best deal on the upgrade.
Photos later.

9 Likes

Should be a straight swap for the inconvenience @PamPurrs.
Can’t wait to see the pics of the new addition to the family.:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

They calculated the difference in price after tax would be $300.00. I said I could get a better deal at Guitar Center and asked if I could just get a refund on the defective product so I could just buy it there.
We eventually settled on $200. I’m satisfied.

7 Likes

Nice work👍 @PamPurrs.
Just need to see the pics😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I bought my first 25 key keyboard. It’s an Akai MPK Mini mkI

Need/want it to help me in my studies and also to build drum tracks and control the DAW

Arrives tomorrow and I can’t wait.

I’d prefer to have a bigger one, but my gf demanded it would have to be hidden when not in use. Well, the house isn’t huge and I’m running out of spaces to have stuff leaned on. So… it had to fit in my desk’s drawer. 25 keys it is

6 Likes

I’m envious.
Not only for making music but also to challenge my friend in PhaseShift. It’s some kind of a guitar hero/band hero freeware clone with online multiplayer. He has a midi keyboard but I always play on my computer keyboard.

3 Likes

It’s cheaper than I though. Just saying

:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Yeah. Sure… but…

2 Likes

Nice acquisition @gcancella,
we have a saying here, happy wife happy life,
Little different with gf, but same principles apply😁
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

We have it here also. It must be universal!

5 Likes

Sh*t, that’s an ugly number. Maybe ceil it to the nearest hundreth? 200 looks prettier

3 Likes

While I’m at it, why not bump it to 2222 and get a Herr Schwarz as well?

4 Likes

Good negotiating there @PamPurrs,
I have heard it said (in the business world) the best deals are usually when both parties are satisfied, but feel like they gave in too much.

I personally love the ones where I feel like I won, but we can’t win them all.

I did however come out a winner in today’s trade. But the other guy did too. Basically, what I got was way more then what he got, HOWEVER, he was not happy with the pedal he gave me, and he really wanted one of the pedals I gave him, so he won too.

I traded my used, but excellent Boss TU-2 tuner and Behringer BLE400 Bass Limiter / Enhancer pictured here (not the Nether and Donner Harmonizer. I already sold them for $80)

In exchange for the highly coveted NEW from Boss, the Bass Compressor BC-1x

On the surface, I got a used, like new $200 pedal for 2 pedals that cost me $70 combined.
But like I said, he was pleased, and actually offered it for my two. Pedals that I advertised for $60 and $20, or $70 combined. All was fair.

And it’s funny, I am looking for Chorus and Reverb pedals right now, I had just settled on this compressor, and I am considering keeping it, because I like it SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.
This is a hidden gem. It is inexpensive, is a high quality build, and it’s performance is amazing.
I highly recommend this to anybody looking for a compressor.

For under $70, this San June Gb-Cp Optical Compressor packs a punch. It could be a clone of something like Kelley Bass Limiting Pre Amplifier, or the MXR Bass Optical Compressor, both great compressors.
This is a pic, and I will put a link under it.
I like this one so much, I am not sure, The Boss better live up to its hype, or I keep this, and sell the Boss. Lol

https://www.amazon.com/SanJune-Optical-Compressor-Guitar-Effects/dp/B081JVGQ2C

Well, Amazon is out of them, I will see where else they might be available. They are really worth a try at least if you are looking for compressors.

5 Likes