GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Heading back to the office in… two months, roughly. Sigh. I thought about picking up a Zoom B1 and it’s pretty small. I also looked at the Nu-x Mighty Plug MP-2, it does have a dedicated “bass mode” and I think MLD is a MarkBass amp, maybe, AGL is of course Aguilar. Some 4x10s, 8x10, etc.

Then looking at the Mighty App I notice a Mighty Plug Pro… so I play with it in the app. More models, more IRs, user IRs, movable effects blocks… not that I need all that in a practice tool, but having a tool to use with guitar and bass will be nice to have. Timing is right on the money basically, I bet it drops shortly :eyes:

And is promptly out of stock everywhere due to chip shortages and the supply chain, and prices on Reverb, eBay, and Amazon are hugely inflated :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

As is tradition.

2 Likes

The NUX plugs seem way, way overpriced to me. They go for what a B1four went for in the before times, and I would say a B1four is 10x or more more useful.

2 Likes

They had several Charvels in stock. The sit says they have 8 tone capsules in stock.

If I were to guess, I had sent them a set of pickups to install, and the pups got misplaced.And the reason for the delay maybe they ordered replacements? Which is why it says waiting on items?

2 Likes

Ya that sounds very probable. Hope you get it sooner than later.

I ordered another P bass and it was in stock when I did. Shipping is still pending and they listed it as temporarily out of stock now. Another wait-n-see game.

3 Likes

Bah! How come we never get deals like this in Europe? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My employers are trying to get me to go to Connecticut for training, maybe I can sneak a Bass back as luggage.

4 Likes

Well you’re not going to disappear at the back of the stage playing that @Wombat-metal ! :star_struck:

So… how many has it been since this post? :rofl:

3 Likes

wow. it’s the bass version of billy zoom’s silver jet :+1:

Screen shot 2011-08-30 at 6.49.20 PM

3 Likes

But I am done, so yeah, no more instruments

3 Likes

The flight attendants have a “closet” you can sometimes be allowed to put instruments in. International planes probably have overhead compartments big enough if you board early enough.

Buying an extra seat would be counter-productive for savings, obviously XD

2 Likes

That was meant in jest but I did look into this previously.
Anything bigger than 55cm H (21.5") x 40cm W (15.5") x 24cm L (9.5") needs to be checked into the hold or requires a paid for seat.

A dismantled bolt on might be feasible. :smiley:

2 Likes

Connecticut is a barren wasteland for fear sadly @HowlinDawg. Jersey and some NYC or upstate NY are ok. Where in CT would they send you?

2 Likes

Yale. So fly into JFK and hire a car.

2 Likes

Many airlines will happily accommodate instruments. Especially if you are super nice to the gate agent.

5 Likes

Ah! That’s where my daughter was born. Sadly not much there. However Brooklyn is rife with small shops and a decent Guitar Center in Queens near the airports.

New Haven is a great food city.
Yale has an amazing instrument museum too. But sadly nada for shops.

2 Likes

Check out Frank Pepe’s Pizzeria; one of the first pizza places in America. Wooster Street, New Haven.

4 Likes

Noted!

If/When this happens I’ll have a couple of days in NYC to myself and an option to take some vacation time afterwards before returning.

I wonder how Guitar Centre would react to me taking in a suitcase and asking to dismantle a Stingray to see if it would fit. :thinking: :wink:

4 Likes

Let me know if you come would love to meet up!

And be sure to go to Louie’s Lunch. Where the hamburger was invented. Just don’t, under any circumstance, ask for catsup. They will yell at you.

3 Likes

I just had the red Aerodyne shipped this way. It’s a smart thing.

2 Likes

Absolutely, I’d love that too!

4 Likes

I know you meant in jest, but I’ll note anyway that a bolt on bass neck is about 33"/84cm so that’s a no go

This is why I mentioned the flight crew closet :slight_smile:

I just had another idea to try myself that would look so sketchy. Dismantle and put the body in a backpack with most of the neck in there, the rest jutting up into the air behind your head. I’m willing to bet you’d probably make it on the plane if a TSA agent didn’t already confiscate your “club” :rofl: Try this first with a $50 bass neck from Amazon :eyes:

3 Likes