GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Toiletpaper? I’m thinking Beavis here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Nah, read closely.

:face_with_spiral_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

Terry Pratchett

4 Likes

Also a legend!

2 Likes

I think I’ve found my forever compressor.

Go big or stay home.
I misjudged how big though, time for the Velcro shuffle once again.

Origin Effects Cali76 TX-L (L stands for Lundahl transformer, supposed to be even better on bass than the standard).

Man it’s a honkin’ big guy.

Haven’t tried it yet, busy weekend.

9 Likes

Hope you saved some dineros for this:

:wink:

6 Likes

@John_E Good luck tessellating all those pedals to fit the new one! :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

???
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReVoltBass--two-notes-revolt-bass-preamp-pedal

5 Likes

Looks pretty cool. It covers a lot of ground with all the modern bells and whistles you would expect. They even included an AUX In and headphone Out on it.

It looks like it’s a full on replacement for the Le Bass with more functionality.

The guitar version also looks cool. Seems to replace the Le Clean, Le Crunch, and Le Lead all in one pedal.

5 Likes

Those are cool, but… I am sticking to my vintage flame maple tops only.
If I start collecting every color ever I will actually have too many basses (for @Barney to count).

4 Likes

Looks like the same concept as their other pedals like the Le Bass?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Looks like the next gen of their current products.

2 Likes

Hm, I think someone might have hacked John’s account…

This is clearly just silly talk! John would always be able to squeeze in a few more basses… I mean the whole idea with wires, pulleys and ceiling-mounted hooks hasn’t really been explored fully yet…

Well played, comrade, but I think you should release John’s account again now :wink:

6 Likes

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

FreeJohn

3 Likes

Believe it or not there is method to the buying madness. Same with saxes. I have a plan for a certain variety/collection and past that have no need. Same with vinyl too.

All three things are down to some very rare, specific things I’d like to collect and that’s it. Once in a while something comes along that adds into the mix but not much. There are two flame Aerodynes I’m still hunting for, walnut and a special Koa topped one. And that’s it (except of course for the two things in order already, lol) (and maybe a vintage Fender Jazz, lol)….and this thermos, and this remote control, that’s all I need.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Over the last while, my daughter decided she wants to learn the violin. So off we went today to L&M’s to rent one for her and to get some materials. She’s practicing online, and if she keeps at it, we’ll get her lessons. For now, It sounds like a cat being sawn in half with a dull saw. The joys!

While there, of course I bassed around a bit. Conclusions:

I don’t like 5 string basses. Tried one and then another for the first time ever and we didn’t mesh.

Fretless rocks. Me want. Badly.

I wanted to see if I made a mistake sending back my Ray4 (identical one on display at L&M). Nope. Confirmed. Ray4 not my thing.

The Squier Classic Vibe '70s jazz with a maple on maple neck is a beautiful bass. I won’t buy one, because I have a Peavey JJ, but it was super nice to play.

Epiphone necks chew donkey large.

Ashdown Studio 210 is a beautiful combo.

4 Likes

I think I posted somewhere about the Les Paul I tried that managed to have fret sprout feelable through the binding.

In general, not impressed with that brand.

2 Likes

Increased fees and now tax on used goods. Hmmm

3 Likes