GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Just wait. I had that exact feeling a few months ago and I have been gassing quite hard right now :joy:

3 Likes

im back in the office and I hate it. My therapist can tell how much my mental health has deteriorated. I know I made a lot of posts about bringing a bass to work and it’s just not happening. Too many people bother me and I don’t want to take it on the train, either.

I really miss just reaching over and grabbing it for a few minutes of noodling whenever I was stressed…

So many projects and ideas… so many projects and ideas. I’ll probably put three holes in it so I can do volume+tone capsule, and who knows on the pickup. Fluence doesn’t make one for this housing :upside_down_face: (Bartolini iirc; screws are in the right place anyway)

4 Likes

I have two basses in my office, and neither have come off the wall in the last two months. The work that is getting in the way is just trivial, time consuming, and non productive :disguised_face:

3 Likes

Strangely even I am not feeling gas right now. The FGN has completely robbed me of it, and I’m not even that curious about replacing the SPB3s.

Weird. What is this feeling, maturity?

6 Likes

Fear not, this aberration will pass.

6 Likes

Guess what?

Also ordered some upgrades for Ray4. More details in Project Basses.

18 Likes

Is everyone going Fender?

4 Likes

Well I tried Sire V5. It’s nice, bit heavy but nice, except that headstock. But there’s just this thing, it’s missing that growl in tone, it just doesn’t sound like I expect Jazz to sound.

And it’s not like I don’t own Fender’s already :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes

7 Likes

Almost went Fender. A Sire P5 with Nordstrand NP4 pups instead.

4 Likes

That buttercream/white/maple is such a great combo. A MIM P in that color was my second choice behind my MIJ.

8 Likes

From my limited experience, but as an owner of m50x who also hates heavy clamping force I find them super comfortable.

2 Likes

After you try it, tell us if you find it noisy. I will reset mine to see if it improves, or put a noise gate after.

2 Likes

That is exactly what Would go for if I got to choose a p-bass.

4 Likes

New Player Series Jazz bass incoming.

So… Yes.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Fender is the industry standard and the most copied electric bass in history. Wonderful choice!

3 Likes

I was going to reply with a picture of a purple Fender, but it has sparkles. I know where you stand on sparkles too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Capture

12 Likes

Send it to Bootsy, or burn it in sacrifice so that Prince might get it.

I don’t make the rules

7 Likes

That’s nice! Send it to me I make sure Prince gets it. Cough…cough…

5 Likes