GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Holy Crap! That short Scale multi bass. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
I LOVE that body shape !!

3 Likes

I actually only have one more than you. There are 9 in the stable currently with a few in the works.

4 Likes

A relic bass for $250… pure bargain :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Even my Stingray bows down to your individual basses. Yours are eye-poppingly (is that a word?) beautiful. And not to mention, @John_E and his sax collection. Basses and saxophones, what a collection.

4 Likes

Ba dum trsh.
This is nice.

3 Likes

Discussed here:

4 Likes

Any Rush fans looking for a synth, well, here you go:

It’s a good cause, too!

It’s got a couple nice mods, including MIDI. I’m not interested as I personally don’t like actually using vintage analog synths for real work, but they are a lot of fun to play with and this particular model is a very classic and popular musical instrument, used on hundreds to thousands of records. Here’s a bit of history (don’t let the picture scare you, that’s a Moog Modular and not a MiniMoog):

6 Likes

Cool :heart: Moog too! So you are not interested winning a synth worth 10k USD? Think you got about 0,1% chance to win with 1 ticket :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

The cash value didn’t occur to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GAS is hitting hard. Recent raise and bonus from work. Was hoping modding and working on my Squier would settle GAS, and it did. For about a week anyway, before I found myself eyeing a Fender Player Series P-Bass. I keep telling myself no, dont need it, but I still find myself planning a trip to local music shop to test drive new basses. While I like the look and sound of Fender, I am not glued to the idea neccesarily and this shop always has a nice slew of used inventory. It will take immense willpower not to come home with a new rig. Then spending the night on the couch with it :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Good luck with that. My worst GAS was a Fender P bass too. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If I were in the market for a Fender P, I would look at snagging one made in Japan. Quality rivals MIA instruments, for an MIM price when you include shipping

Or go to Fujigen, who manufacture many MIJ instruments for Fender. Here is my Double P from Japan. Quality is off the charts and it is a massive sound

For the cost of a Player P

12 Likes

I won’t lie, I almost submitted a request for quote to Ikebe for the Maui Blue P Bass the other day. Right now I’ve got too much GAS in my head… Parts for an orange jag bass, the Japan Maui Blue and then I stumbled across an amazing custom shop bass over the weekend and it’s screaming at me with it’s beauty. I didn’t even think I liked relic’d instruments… :melting_face:

5 Likes

@DocJas - is your Squier a P or other?

2 Likes

It’s a PJ. I always have the J pickup turned all the way down, so eliminating it entirely and getting a P Bass makes sense to me. And of course, Fender’s reputation speaks for itself. If I had it to do over, I would probably not go the PJ option, but I wasnt sure what kidn fo tone or configuration i wanted as I was just beginning. Now with some experience under the belt, I have a more solid guide to what I want.

I don’t want to buy a new bass just for the sake of it though. So, I am trying my best to really think hard and buy the next upgrade and have that be my ‘main’ bass. I plan to keep the Squier as I have done some work to it, which makes it special. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway when I go to the shop to test drive various models.

2 Likes

Yes, and there’s even a thread about it if I’m not mistaken :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I almost went for the Maui Blue, :blue_heart:, had the price from Ikebe but got the Warmoth custom SCPB instead.

But if I were buying a P, it would be the Maui Blue

4 Likes

Try using the J pickup at about 20-30% with the P on full. Treble either rolled all the way off or about the same 20-30% up. The little J boost is a good “P muddiness cutter”. I use this setting a lot.

5 Likes

The Japan Limited colors are awesome.

I really like my MIJ Hybrid II P-Bass. I wanted the maple neck so I went for the Forest Blue.

6 Likes

Dang it @howard You aren’t helping :sweat_smile: That is a beautiful color indeed.

The shop with the CS P Basses must have noticed me looking hard in the past 24 hours cause they just upped the prices on each of them by $226… :sweat:

3 Likes