GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

That’s a real bonus!
I’ve only ventured over to TB a couple of times and yes I know we all have our own opinions on things but there are a lot of “experts “ willing to push their own agendas at times over there

4 Likes

You’re also getting a Japan Limited color there that happens to be awesome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@howard Why does the Ikebe site blow so bad?

Maybe you could drop a dime (or a few million yen, or whatever) and let them know it’s impeding browsing/sales?

5 Likes

Well. I think it was a fake. I sent a note to the guy (I had been conversing with him a lot) and said I am worried it’s a fake and can he tell me where he got it etc…….

He ended the auction (not a sale).

I’m now over wanting one of these with all the issues regarding fakes

6 Likes

Well, I took the Squier home. They tossed in a gig bag and a setup since the shipping was quite delayed. I played it at the store for about 20 minutes and it felt quite nice with some new flats on it.

I’ve been playing it at home for another hour or so and I’ve really been enjoying having the P bass sound! So, for now I think the Squier wins the day. I’m sure the MIJ itch will strike again in the future…

9 Likes

I started putting together some thoughts/info on ordering MIJ over here:

8 Likes

That’s a bloody shame @John_E

3 Likes

I’ve had my first string-related Gas-attack. LaBella deep talking bass for the pj and eb cobalt flats for the trbx505. Never played or tried flats before, it’s a new frontier for me :grin:
The LaBella have been a hit, I love the sound of this bass now and a couple of other people commented positively on it. The cobalt are still too new, but out of the package sound a bit too much like rounds. It’s their main selling point? Sure, but I didn’t expect so much… :sweat_smile: Let’s hear in a few weeks

ATM I’m really struggling not to buy a tiny boy bass, a used one has been up for sale since few days for 350 euros. It’s in Germany, but not near enough to go and try it before pulling the trigger… I’m sure yall are going to talk me out of it :joy:

5 Likes

:star_struck:

5 Likes

I wish they still made them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have never seen anyone on this forum talk anybody out of anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Problem is… this guy is pretty good at both playing and selling! He also creates his own basses from junk. I am a big fan and hoping to grab coffee with him in April when I get back home to Japan!

Danny is a phenomenal bass player. Just have a look at his noodling when demo’ing a bass on his Youtube channel. It’s unreal.

3 Likes

Ahh, cool. Xotic and STR were two I knew about but missed when adding to my list. Actually STR is a Deviser line too, like Bacchus and Momose, right? Or am I confusing them with someone else?

edit: yep, STR is Deviser. Xotic is from California, though, which surprises me as I had thought they were MIJ :rofl:

Search and export of rare instruments like that sounds like a fun gig. His fees are pretty reasonable for tracking things down too.

3 Likes

Just made a deal with @PamPurrs to buy her M Audio Hammer 88 MIDI controller. Totally stoked!

I had to give up my vintage upright in a divorce long ago, and I’ve sorely missed having a piano.

Thanks a million, Pam!

11 Likes

Congrats! Does it come with custom vinyl rose?

5 Likes

Good question. It very well might! :rose:

6 Likes

Not so fast! I’ve been searching all over the net and nobody seems to sell a box big enough to fit the Hammer88 into. I even sent a message to M-Audio to see if they will sell me a shipping box for it.

6 Likes

I’ll leave the rose on it if you want.

6 Likes

Ugh I had this issue so many times. Especially with large gear finding a good box is a PITA.
You could combine 2 boxes and duct tape the shit out of it and/or bubblewrap galore.

7 Likes

Yeah, if I can even find 2 boxes the right dimensions. I did find a couple places that sell the right size box, but I would have to buy a bundle of 5 and pay over $100

2 Likes