GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Very nice @Barney !

3 Likes

@Mike_NL
I got the vintage 70s P bass. You’re gonna love it.

4 Likes

My music room is getting more and more crowded…

15 Likes

Nice! It should be getting more crowded. M-Audio midi keyboards are great. They’re super light weight and responsive. They’re very reliable and affordable too.

2 Likes

Creative rearranging yields space!

14 saxes a clarinet and flute (2 saxes out for overhaul)

13 basses (one out for mods)

Got new cubes to consolidate stuff on this end and looky here. Empty floor space. Hmmmmm my digital piano might make it back in the room

This nifty hook gives me the extra bass spot I needed

I see lots of room in your room.

9 Likes

Oh man you have a lot of brass/wind instruments. I wish you undressed those for us in the pic.

Your whole room with all the records plastered on the wall just looks like a proper music dungeon anyone would love to hang in. Just perfect. I bet you get plenty funky in there.

4 Likes

I’m thinking with some rearranging I might be able to squeeze this in.

3 Likes

That’s in one of my drawers….they seem to work best in a drawer.

3 Likes

Thanks @Bersist
The room got outfitted during the pandemic as home office as well…its my happy place.
When I get my other two horns back I will take off all the covers and do a shot.
Blue bags are anti-tarnish for the silver plated horns, but in general dust and sax mechanics/oil don’t mix.

5 Likes

This is off-thread and off-forum, but let’s say you have tarnish - is there a way to get it off again? (I noticed my silver-plated Guardala MB mouthpiece that I hadn’t looked at in, oh, 20 years, is tarnished… :cry:)

2 Likes

Best thing…. Hagerty’s foam or spray silver polish.
And elbow grease

3 Likes

Thanks! Had to google that… but it seems I can get it also in my neck of the woods!

1 Like

So, it’s finally here. I’m officially back in 2-bass land.

I have to say that for an entry-level/cheapie bass she’s a beaut. Of course, it’s not in as good a shape as they shad she is. Desperately needs new strings and a setup. The truss rod’s never been adjusted and the neck’s front bowed by a fair bit. The fretboard needs cleaning and oiling too. What oil would you recommend?

I have a set of Rotosound Swing Bass 66 strings that I just can’t wait to put on.

Now, if only my SD-Stve Harris P-pickups could arrive before the end of August :frowning:

EDIT: Also, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken. It’s a Milestone series bass, not a Millenium. Too bad, but I like it nonetheless.

12 Likes

That’s awesome. Can’t wait to see the whole brass family. You have the right idea with making a spot to relax just far enough away from your setup to have a seat like a fan instead of an engineer.

I don’t know what it is with me but when I wheel myself away from my computer and take a listen to my mix where I can’t physically make an adjustment really forces me to listen to my song like a fan instead of someone that’s got control over the record.

Weird how 3 feet of space away from my DAW forces me to be honest with my music. Plus you get a cool spot to spend free time listening to music when you had enough of recording yourself.

3 Likes

There’s all sorts of discussion on what the best oil is I just use F-one oil.

3 Likes

Nice Peavey! Check out Fretboard Oil for more info.

3 Likes

What’s the little “vent hole” and other black do-dad near the controls/ bridge?

2 Likes

It’s an MM-style truss adjustment wheel.

EDIT: Now I see what you mean. It’s a reflection of my car’s overhead light and ceiling vent :smiley:

4 Likes

I play a Music Man Stingray and rest on the e-string when not playing it and no-where when I am.

3 Likes

The 4 basses I have. The 1 on the left is the first 1 bought. It’s a cheapy and I’m not sure what type it is but the pickups make it look like a PJ

7 Likes