GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

That’s gorgeous @JerryP .
That finish seems lighter than other Dragons Eye finishes I’ve seen. I like it a lot!

4 Likes

That is beautiful, congratulations!

3 Likes

You’re obviously a very persuasive man. Congratulations!

4 Likes

Thank you all very much! I’m going to take that 5 cents and start the next GAS fund.

6 Likes

Nice buy @JerryP . That burst is fantastic

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi Kids!

If anyone is GASsing for something a little out of the ordinary and is within spitting distance of Hamilton (45 min N or Niagara Falls), here is something of interest to the right collector:

3 Likes

I’d strongly advice that you give it a second thoughts on this. I have a Willcox saber vl hx and the roland gr55. It’s not as convenient and cool as one think. I got mine as a bundle an d I ended up paying around 600 for gr55.

It takes special skills to play the sound of another instrument on a bass. Plus if you play muted sound it’s not always pretty either(and that with optical pickups). When I bought mine, I was not thinking about the ability to play other instruments but more of using it to create the music sheet from playing session, but that also was a big hurdle and requires a few other softwares to make it work, at least that what I was told.

That said godin is a very beautiful instrument with beautiful sound. I just got the ACS-SA Nylon Wes with 13 pins, lol. But that because it’s the only one available with richlite fingerboard.

2 Likes

I’m not even considering this! I just posted it if anyone else was interested. Even at this used price, the Godin is worth more than the rest of my bass stuff put together, plus my welder and maybe even my plasma cutter.

Right now, I’m winding down my investments. The only thing I want for now is a Peavey Milestone III in a P-bass config, and I’ll sell the Harley Benton Expander DI to finance that.

2 Likes

MIDI out of a fretless AE?
I would like to have a conversation with the marketer that thought this one up, and by conversation I mean a ‘slap upside the head’.
That makes zero sense.

3 Likes

Navin R. Johnson : And that’s the only thing I need is this. I don’t need this or this. Just this ashtray… And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that’s all I need… And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that’s all I need… And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball… And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that’s all I need. And that’s all I need too. I don’t need one other thing, not one… I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I’m some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That’s all I need.

4 Likes

I don’t know about the MIDI. However, I played a 4-string version of this at my local Long & McQuade’s and it was a hoot to play both acoustically and plugged in.

Either way, I would not pony up the cash for one.

1 Like

What if you need to play the fretted bass sound

2 Likes

Aaaah yes, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve discovered a bass make that I like a lot, and I’ve even sold one piece of equipment (Zoom box) and will likely sell of another (HB Bass Expander DI) to finance the purchase of the Peavey P-bass.

So, I have enough bass equipment for AT LEAST 20 minutes.

3 Likes

Honestly the MIDI controller is the only thing that makes this interesting to me :slight_smile:

(Fretless isn’t my thing - never understood the draw. I like frets.)

2 Likes

I have but one aim for fretless, though it is ambitious: Rubber Shirt.

1 Like

@howard you are one song away from loving it.

2 Likes

This episode of GAS brought to you by @John_E’s search for a transparent rig, stumbling across this cabinet design on YouTube while looking for pickup comparisons and then seeing I think @Al1885 get one of this series shortly thereafter. A buddy wanted to drive to Bananas At Large in San Rafael today to check out the new

Roland digital hi-hat and randomly what do they have ??? A used Genzler Bassarray BA 112-3. I was able to listen to both the 112 and the 210 in this series while checking out the new Fender Player + P/J. The 112 went home with me. So sweet. I’ve been starting to like the middle to upper strings more these days and like the more balanced tone that the center array provides in this range. It also has a nice and wide coverage angle without as much tweeter beaming.

11 Likes

That looks awesome @DaveT !

Great find!

5 Likes

I’m still keeping an eye out for a chance to hear the Fearless. It was just too scarce to wait for.

4 Likes