GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

nice, congratz

5 Likes

Wow, a P-bass with a telecaster headstock. Nice!

6 Likes

Yep. Mike Dirnt edition.

5 Likes

Congrats on the new bass!!

I wonder why these things always look so huuuuge?!? I mean, you could shovel snow with one of those basses :grin:

6 Likes

It’s big for sure. I hate to think about shoveling snow…it’s not too far off here in Western NY.

6 Likes

Hey, so you say it is brand new in one of the other threads? Has it been (slightly) relic’d though?? I am asking because on the photo it looks like the lower edge has a number of small “chips” or “dents”!?!

5 Likes

Good eye. It is Fender’s Mike Dirnt (from Greenday) Road Worn artist model P-Bass. Mike Dirnt Road Worn® Precision Bass® | Electric Basses

6 Likes

Ah, thanks, I see now! You had your hand right where the upper edge relicing is, I guess, and so we couldn’t see that :smile:

5 Likes

Nice bass ! Congrats

4 Likes

BEAD by design :drooling_face:

https://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/c-4-apocalypse-ex-rusty-grey-detail
Luckily impossible to find over here :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The teenage girls in the house on one side of my house have increased the frequency of their late night parties, and the lady on the other side has rescued 2 more all night barking dogs. I don’t complain, but…

It’s time to upgrade my amp for a louder one. A friend has a Rumble 500 amp head and a Rumble 115 cab for sale, and he said he’d sell them both to me for $450. How can I say no?
I’m selling some items on Reverb to raise the cash, and he said he’d hold it as long as I need.
Once I get it, I’ll sell my Rumble 100.

9 Likes

Awesome. That’s a fair deal all around.

6 Likes

Hey Pam @PamPurrs,
You will be able to provide the “BASS” for the late night parties :rofl:. :joy:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

UH OH

Oops I did a bad thing again

5 Likes

This time even worse than usual - I went to the dark side!

Side note: it’s absolutely insane how small and cheap guitar strings are. I just picked up a set of D’Addario 10’s for $5 and the package is the size of a coaster.

6 Likes

The discrepency in cost of strings always killed me. Then I went to upright bass… it’s easy to spend $150 on a set of strings in that world.
Congrats on the new axe!

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

but guitar strings need to be replaced way more often than bass strings … I’m pretty sure guitar strings are more expensive over time, if you take this point in consideration !

5 Likes

Noooooooo! What have you done?

It was for the chicks wasn’t it? :hatching_chick:

7 Likes

I tried, it doesn’t work. it was so disapointing that I finally switched to the bass to be sure no chick would bother me.

6 Likes