GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Thanks @Jazzbass19!

6 Likes

Love the color~

6 Likes

Oh no. You’re an Aggie. We can’t be friends anymore. :upside_down_face:

Looking good!

4 Likes

I still love ya @JT even if you went to the SECOND best university in Texas. LoL

5 Likes

Another case of GAS?

19 Likes

I get that with power tools. A lathe is next in my sights.

5 Likes

Wood turning or metal work lathe?

I have a small wood turning lathe it is a very rewarding tool to use. Particularly near the end when you put the wax or oil on the piece and the wood grain patterns just light up and pop out. On a similar theme I also enjoy carving my own kayak and canoe paddles.

Unfortunately my shed is so full of gear I don’t have room to use the lathe at present. I bought myself a mitre saw at the weekend cause it was cheaper to buy the tool and the timber than the selection of planters my wife had picked out for the patio…

5 Likes

A metal lathe. I’m using kitchen cabinet knobs as an excuse.

5 Likes

What kind?
The company I last worked for used to be a huge name in Lathe’s.
Ironically, they no longer make lathes and are now one of the top builders of High Speed, High performance and / or High Accuracy CNC milling machining centers in the world.

3 Likes

@T_dub, just a little 7 x 14 benchtop lathe from Big Rock Candy Mountain aka. Shenzen City, China. Probably going to buy it from one of the Usual Scumbags (TheivingBubba, Scamazon or someone).

4 Likes

Yeah, don’t need a whole lot of lathe for kitchen cabinet knobs.
Of course you can still do small wood jobs on it, just blow off all the saw dust and keep it clean. I am sure you know this already tho.

4 Likes

Hey @JDDaniel how much does that Mustang weigh?

4 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs my baby weighs a healthy 7lbs 14 oz.

5 Likes

Perfect, that’s the weight range that I love.

5 Likes

I’ve never considered a Fender, but now that I’m loving short scale so much, I may be inclined to try out a Mustang.

4 Likes

@PamPurrs My sales engineer Ethan Kattau at Sweetwater hooked me up. and Sweetwater does “exclusives” for this model in this color and two others. They sell them like hot cakes when they get them so order yours early - yuck, I sound like a salesman. LoL

I am REALLY liking it. Played it a lot over the weekend and am hoping to finally post my Bad Moon Rising video for the #50-songs-challenge with her this week.

6 Likes

@JDDaniel Is this possibly cause they are earlier models?
Latest models are from Player series which come in Sienna sunburst, Aged natural & Firemist gold. I ordered myself the Aged natural one.

3 Likes

I’m the same with wrenches, grips, socket sets etc
lol
The natural wood Mustang is a real beauty @Growl !

6 Likes

No idea but possibly. When I look up the SN, it says it was made in 2020. Maybe with Covid, it was in stock at Fender, not finished, or other. I considered the aged natural finish especially with the tortoise shell pick guard which is beautiful, but with the extra dollars off for the “Sweetwater Exclusive” and the Surf Green (which was a color I liked more) I went for it. Enjoy yours @Growl!

3 Likes

Urgh… You like that. I have a tortoise pick guard for a stingray (aged white) that I could not get off quick enough. If you ever get a stingray, you can have it.
Sorry, everybody had different taste, and its not right or wrong, but for me, I can’t stand that tortoise on anything. I can however deal with Pearl pick guards. they come in many colors, and lots of bright colors (which I love). I put a black pearl in place of my tortoise and man, what a difference.

I was seriously having trouble bonding with my EBMM Stingray while it had the tortoise pick guard on it, but now we are tight.

4 Likes