GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

That’s really annoying when people do that :worried: A 2 second message is all it takes even if just to say it’s sold/ changed my mind etc

2 Likes

LOL I haven’t even started my lessons yet and I’ve bought 3 (1 not available until the end of June) and building another, so I know exactly what you’re going through.

2 Likes

Probably saved my life. I have a feeling Her Absolutness would have murderized me. Twice.

But it’s a shame nonetheless.

Anyhoo, setting out the routing patterns on the project bass now, so I’ll have a second instrument soon enough…

4 Likes

Peavey all the way

3 Likes

Thats cuz I gave it a better review then the WS custom pickguards, and they are less then $10 shipped to states (Idk about down under), never the less, you did good. you will love that pick guard, it is flashy and punk in a very conservative way

2 Likes

Well, I ALMOST scored one of these super cool oddball sound makers, but…it was DOA.

First time I’ve ever had to ask for a refund on Reverb. Plugged the pedal in, giant loud squeal/screech then basically a muddled all lows Bass when engaged.

Bummer, hard to find these but am on the waiting list for new production now. Heard it on Josh’s board and was hooked. Has taken months to find one.

Awaiting the sellers response to take it back.

5 Likes

That’s a real bummer @John_E . Hopefully you’ll get some resolution and then go on the hunt for something else

3 Likes

Well, I learned something tonight…I need to learn a lot more about pedals!
Really bummed that this thing ‘didn’t work’, I hooked it back up and watched a few more YouTube videos until I found one that actually taught me something…that I had no idea what I was doing.

This pedal works, and is really cool, and I have no idea what half of the capabilitie are yet.
One more thing to dive into, but I really enjoy all this pedal stuff, so…all good.

7 Likes

:sunglasses: That’s a better result.
I’ve got a heap of pedals that I’ve just dragged out again and just realised how much I don’t understand about them @John_E . All part of the learning journey

7 Likes

Guess who has been a “bad boy” yesterday…

Zoom H5 Field Recorder

I was looking for the entry level models but then this dropped into the second hand site I use frequently and it was in my city!

We had some try outs last night at the studio but couldn’t get the mix right (guitar was too low) but I will share on the Mobile Recording Chat anyway…

11 Likes

I think you’ll like it. I used to own a H1 and it was quite good.

6 Likes

So we’ve had about 60mm of rain the past couple of days and I’m depressed so I have decided on some retail therapy :money_mouth_face:

Plus a Noll preamp

eBay privileges have been suspended forthwith :joy:

10 Likes

Posting the upload tease instead of a picture, now that’s just mean :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hopefully rectified

4 Likes

That’s one serious looking pickup.

4 Likes

It’s the one Lobster used on one the builds on his Ray4 custom shoot out.

6 Likes

With how many lobster claws did he rate them :laughing:

5 Likes

Its the same pick up I have.
It was the first one Lobster used, and he did it without the matching pre-amp first, then he did a 2nd video later with the added preamp.
Aside from turning it into a 3band eq, I don’t hear enough difference to warrant the upgrade, I am just fine with my stock preamp and the Aguilar pick up.

Bully Tha Kid uses that pick up too. I have seen him put it in and. out of a few basses. It is a fine pick up.

Lobster rated the EMG Pick up / Preamp combo the highest, and it sounds great, but I like the Aguilar for sure.

That said, I would like to get a Ray4, or even a Ray24 if I found one cheap, and get one with a classic, old school look to it, hence the Ray24, with its flat slap body and vintage tint neck, and then drop in a DarkGlass tone Capsule with a Herrick MM Neo-Bucker, and make it totally NOT A STINGRAY sound / tone wise.
Get a classic old school look with a completely modern / metal sound to it.
I don’t see the Ray24’s for cheap very often, so I think that Brown Ray4 @Mac got would be great for this. Or even a mint one, even tho I don’t care too much for the mint, it sure has that old school look to it.

I would also like to have the Ray4 that @John_E has, the red burst, and drop a Retrovibe '78 clone 2 band preamp and one of the Tone Monster old school clone MM pick ups, to get that Old classic tone going.

Thats the problem with Ray4’s. So many options for upgrade that one just aint enough. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Last night this quickly and easily became my favorite pedal of all time.
Complex yet intuitive.
Can’t get a bad tone out of the thing.
I didn’t even get to the cab sims yet.
Pedalboard took on a whole new life and opened up loads of possibilities.

10 Likes

Tried the Vintage Microtubes Ultra yet? :slight_smile:

(B7K is awesome, I bounce back and forth between those two in the sim)

4 Likes