Getting back into it

Hi gang. I’ve missed reading up on the forums. I had significant Achilles surgery seven weeks ago and I’ve only been able to plink around here and there. Looking forward to getting back into it, however I’m bummed about needing to go back quite a bit in the lessons. In the grand scheme, I suppose it can’t hurt regardless – I even saw someone mention the prospect of redoing the entire course once they had finished it. Guess I’m just venting. Anyways, nice to be back, even if only a little bit.

12 Likes

Welcome back!

8 Likes

Welcome back @rae_kristine.
You’ll catch up quickly and will be back to speed in no time :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome back @rae_kristine, and best wishes for a rapid healing process.

By all means, start from the beginning. You can skim through some of the most rudimentary things, but it never hurts to do it again, and in fact is a good idea.

7 Likes

welcome back

7 Likes

Welcome back @rae_kristine
And yes,I’m guilty of doing the whole course again after I finished it lol

7 Likes

How on earth does that make you guilty? Unless you feel guilty that you got a bit better then before you went thru it a 2nd time. :thinking: :wink: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yeah I would actually recommend it to anyone who feels that they haven’t improved. It’s quite an eye opener.
I am , however, guilty of not buying enough 9v batteries at the store and having no working pedals to play with :crazy_face: I have ordered a power supply but it’s yet to arrive :cry:

6 Likes

Now that’s heinous! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

uggggg!!!

7 Likes

And we are under an 8pm curfew so no 24 hour places allowed either

6 Likes

Damn, you guys got it rough.

6 Likes

They’re hammering us at the moment The premier of the state is going to parliament to enforce a further 12 months state of emergency giving the police quite frightening powers.
Our borders within Australia are closed ,we cannot travel more than 5 kms from home unless there’s a very good reason. 5 people allowed at a funeral, 10 at a wedding …it goes on and on

5 Likes

How bad is the spread over there? if you are locked up like that, you think it would be eradicated by now.

5 Likes

That’s brutal :open_mouth:
I just hope we’ll never go back to such drastic measures.

4 Likes

We’ve dropped to 8 deaths today ( all from age care I think) and less than 200 new positive cases. It’s a big drop from last week so we’re heading in the right direction. That’s just in the state of Victoria. Elsewhere there are very very small numbers of positive results.
The justification for another 12 months of lockdown? Risk of a further breakout allegedly

5 Likes

I have been out for a while with a balled up nerve in my elbow and had surgery to fix the Ulnar nerve and Ii took for around 3 months I am itching to get back to the Buzz

6 Likes

Update: I started back from the very beginning yesterday and had an absolute blast! Also, I managed to get a better tone from my plucking starting back at the beginning. Definitely a win!

6 Likes