Going Ampless

Lots of good in there. Also, had no idea he was visiting here!

“Sure you could go up on stage with a Kemper for $1800. Or you could just buy this ToneX for $399 and it’s all in there and more. Still happy with that Kemper?” :rofl:

His description of his visit to Ochanomizu is at 12:10. Predictably he was blown away.

3 Likes

Glenn is the type of guy no one wants to hear but deep down you know he is right :rofl:

5 Likes

I think I get to play 1 in ten times with a guitar or bass amp anymore. And that’s if I’m intentional about using it for that venue or environment. I have been using an amp more in parallel with house signal. Especially with bass there’s a certain amount of actually feeling I want/need. My hearing is getting worse and of course losing the lower frequencies first. It’s been very helpful for me.

1 Like

Are you using IEMs?

2 Likes

Sometimes but not all the time. Harder without them when the drummer is using an electric kit but with an acoustic kit I can figure it out for the most part and I’d rather just listen to the drummer. I have more trouble with house in ears systems than I do paying attention to what I can hear. I’d generally rather do that.

3 Likes