Growing Old

Lanny, I believe I understand what you are talking about. I did not go to Vietnam, I was a few years too young when all that crap was going on. However, I did start a military career when I was 19. I spent 20 years a month and a day at it before I got the stink out of Dodge. I will never understand the things that other vets have gone through. I flew recce in the Air Force as enlisted then later as an officer. And there was only one time where I thought I was a “goner.”
It was a strange sensation.
I do find that our experiences definitely stay with us, because, there really is a “military mind set.” I figured that out after I entered back into the “civilian” world again.
Keep talkin Lanny, keep playing.

3 Likes

Just a little tip, @sbgower - if you want to direct a post to a specific person (but still visible to all, of course), it is best to use their “nickname/profile name” preceded by the @ sign (like I did with your label). While it may feel less personal than using someone’s real name, it makes it often easier to find and also most of us will get an email heads up that we were mentioned in a post.

In any case, without the @ you might risk that @Lanny never finds your post :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining that @joergkutter. You’re certainly correct, had you not replied and tagged me in your reply, I would have never seen @sbgower’s post…

5 Likes