Guess who I'm seeing on Friday?

The clue is in the riff (and maybe the bass)

5 Likes

Going to have to plead guilty to not knowing…

2 Likes

Aha! fortunately I rushed off some more clues… Another song (this time with the backing track…)

Pretty rough but hey

3 Likes

"You wanted the best, you got the best…KISS!!!

2 Likes

Spot on, @Frisk_Cat ! You win 100 internet points and my respect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where - What a blast and enjoy the atmosphere

Cheers

1 Like

Lodz, Poland ! Loads of golden oldies are playing Poland at the moment - Iron Maiden and GnR are in Warsaw this summer and Alice Cooper’s playing a festival. Also there’s Deep Purple and the Cure in October. What a time to be alive eh?

3 Likes

Respect and 100 points… Yay \o/

Enjoy the show Ed!!

1 Like

:+1: :grin: :+1:

Nice work there, not an easy riff.
Love the early stuff!

Always a great show, enjoy!!!

But what was the first riff from, I’m blanking.

I Was Made For Lovin You?

1 Like

Thank you thank you I’m really looking forward to it. I won’t be going the full makeup route but at least I’ve got early entry to the floor. I’ll see if I can catch Gene Simmons pick :slight_smile:

That was indeed I was made for lovin you ! I’m doing quick clips of Kiss songs on my instagram at the moment until the gig, so every day I have to practice enough for two 15-second clips, record them and make them look nice. I’ve got the process down to more or less an hour, but the result is a little shakey … Still - looks ok on a mobile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw them a few months ago, probably the 10th time since the mid 70’s. They still put on a great show.

1 Like

Yeah I’m really looking forward to it :grin:- it’s been ages since I’ve been to a proper gig!

Nice. Last time I saw those boys, Gene had hair. 1988 Monsters of Rock.

2 Likes

Wow that playlist - that was basically my mixtape when I was in high school… Donington was a total legend back then

The gig last night was amazing. I was about 4-5 rows back from the stage- basically close enough to see Gene Simmons’ tonsils. They played most of the classics and the sound was of course way better than on the cheesy tape players I had as a kid. Real shame it’s the final tour :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Yes, yes and yes! I was at that concert, in Tilburg, The Netherlands. I remember that Megadeth had to cancel, and I think I remember that David Lee Roth replaced them. Of course, me and my thrash metal mates were appalled, as we thought DLR was a “poser” and not a true metalhead. But, as it turned out, he brought a certain guitarist called Steve Vai, and his show was one of the highlights of the concert. Only topped by the great Iron Maiden obviously :metal:t3:

5 Likes