Happy 2023

All the best for everyone - a 2023 filled with good times, great experiences, and new stuff to learn and explore!

We should have the last stragglers in by now!?! Anyone on Hawai’i? @JerryP ??

8 Likes

Good riddance 2022 from me and Sara
0f5d31fde39fceca4ef8d561d5630b4cfdec57523df86b711fdef45f35432dd5.0

18 Likes

Wishing everyone the best and lots of music time for 2023 :partying_face: May your strings never rust!

11 Likes

Happy New Year folks.
Aiming for a year of some real progress and a lot less procrastinating. Kicked off the new year playing along to U2 “With or Without You”. Pretty sure it’s the same riff as B2B lesson all the way through (either than or I played part of it wrong :upside_down_face:). Either way, it was fun. Then revisited a few more B2B lessons.

9 Likes

Happy New Year to one and all.

8 Likes

Yup, Happy New Year!

Our 2023 started off with a bang, literally!
Actually it was about 10-15 minutes before midnight, just before we were going to have some eggnog. My husband and one son heard a loud bang/crashing noise (I had headphones on in another room, watching a video - thought they were raising their voices for the football game on TV). We have a road behind our house, and someone had hit a utility pole with their car. Our view was blocked by a shed on our next door neighbors property. My husband called 911, and our neighbors probably did the same. There had been another crash on that road some years back, down a ways from us, and a person died in that one. Speeding, of course.

Being closer, our neighbors went out on their deck and saw two guys running the opposite way of the direction the car had been heading. There is not much back that way - one lonely bank (used to get robbed now and then over the years), and further down the road is a church. Some houses back to the road.

Not sure how you run from the scene after knocking a pole down - you’d think they’d be injured! It’s splintered near the bottom.

8 Likes

How does one define THAT bend on a tab?:laughing:

6 Likes

Happy New Year Bass Family !!!

7 Likes

I dunno - is there a symbol for an EXTRA deep bend? :thinking:

5 Likes

Happy New Year all! All the best for 2023!

8 Likes

Happy new year @all ! All the bass for 2023 !

10 Likes

Happy New Year!

My resolutions:

1. Develop my creativity (maybe even get a new job that way)
  2. Play in a band
  3. Move into a new place

And because I did the raggae jam lesson in module nine just now: Drop the one, man! :herb:

9 Likes

res·o·lu·tion

/ˌrezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/

(noun)

1. Something you plan or intend to do, or not do, for about a week and a half.
9 Likes

Happy New Year y’all!!! My resolutions for this year are:

Hoping for a GREAT year!!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

10 Likes

same resolutions for me.

11 Likes

Happy New Year, and I hope everyone has an epic 2023!

My new year’s resolution is to rely less on resolutions, and go with the flow. So, an anti-resolution? :wink:

7 Likes

Happy New Year to my fellow BassBuzzers - lang may yer lum reek and all that :scotland:

9 Likes

Hehehe, I will have you know that I have kept new year’s resolutions before… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is it a resolution if you just do it rather than say you going to do it? Make more original music in 2023 that’s my resolution. It might not be any good but it will be original :sunglasses:

It’s crazy how powerful GarageBand is and it’s bundled for free with a Mac. Couple that with a cheap midi keyboard and you’re away. We are living in the future.

7 Likes

That rug really ties under the desk together man.

7 Likes