Happy New Year 2020

I’m gettin’ things started a day early, may as well live the (wannabe!) rock star role up as long as I’m physically able to at this point, lol!

Much love to my BassBuzz family, shout out to all of you reading this, thank you for making 2019 rock, and for learning bass with me, and putting up with my bulls#*t sometimes!! :love_letter:

Seeing a live show tonight, another tomorrow night, been practicing with my band all weekend, we’re getting tight! Never thought I’d be here, I’m a real bass player out there somewhere, in some town in the world, thanks to the Bassbuzz team! 2 gigs coming up in Jan., ya’ll are all invited, I’ll send details later :slight_smile:

Happy 2020 - this decade is gonna f#@kin’ rock, and we’re all going to be bringing the bass!!

13 Likes

Happy 2020!

6 Likes

Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Happy New Year @Vik and to all at Bass Buzz HQ and on the forum.
I would like to say a special thanks to @JoshFossgreen and his team for coming up with a killer course that kept me at it to the end. What started out as a gimmick 30 day challenge has ended up as a life changing event. I love playing the bass and I can’t wait to start playing with others in the new year.
Also a big thanks to the regulars on the forum for all their help and encouragement. I couldn’t and probably wouldn’t have completed the course without you behind me. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you guys and gals.
Have a great new year and a fantastic decade to come.

11 Likes

Word :metal:

6 Likes

Happy new year @Vik! Happy for you with all the music you’re playing now, you’re kicking ass. :metal:

Great to hear Paul!

And Happy 2020 to everyone else too! Let’s bass so hard the earth shakes. :earth_africa:

8 Likes

A Happy, Prosperous and Musical New Year to the entire BassBuzz family!
Rock On!

7 Likes

It’s official here, just ticked over to 2020. Happy new year!

7 Likes

Happy New Year @howard!

6 Likes

so, what could I wish you all … let’s say : low notes, heavy riffs, fat grooves … and also nice covers, sweet records and lovely gigs :grin:

10 Likes

My New Years wish for everyone here is the same as it always has been…

“KEEP ON THUMPIN!”

Here’s to a New Year, New Decade, New Rhythms, New Grooves, New Bass’s, New Gear, and New BassBuzz Friends.

9 Likes

Happy New Year!

(now that we’ve all entered it)

7 Likes

Always a day late and a dollar short… Happy New Year! I slept through the entire thing, thank goodness. I’ve been really enjoying my bass today. Any bass line recommendations? I’m currently relishing “Comfortably Numb” “Money” “Brick in The Wall” “Sultans of Swing” and “Ever Seen the Rain” and recommend them all, each juicy to play.

5 Likes

Well that depends on what level you play at and what sound you’re looking for. I started looking at early Blondie and The Police for quite straightforward but interesting lines.

Feel free to figure out “A New England” by Kirsty MacColl and post a cover plus notation and/or tab. :wink:

3 Likes

All good ones @HannahWalker! I had fun putting together the cover on Pink Floyd’s “Money”, and am currently working on a good ol’ James Jamerson Motown favorite of mine by the Four Tops.

4 Likes