Harley Benton Bass VS (Bass VI)

Given that I am a serial tinkerer this could be dangerous.
I made contact with a guy a coupla months back who may have some ideas re this too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t be that great. They don’t have biscuits and gravy over there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And we wonder why North America has an obesity problem :nerd_face:

Nah that’s our breakfast cereal.

While totally true for a lot of stuff, when this comes up I usually point out that Tokyo has more Michelin starred Italian restaurants than Rome.

Man. Now I do want biscuits and gravy though. It’s actually my favorite breakfast.

Another good one is to take either a biscuit or corn bread, butter it, put on some honey, stuff it in a glass, pour milk over it, and go to town.

Southern food is just the hero you need sometimes.

2 Likes

One word, Vegemite.
You cannot call a country without Vegemite civilised

Oh I don’t think anyone’s wondering’ @Barney :rofl:

2 Likes

[quote=“howard, post:24, topic:44581”]
Nah that’s our breakfast cereal.

Were they real? I’d definitely eat those.

1 Like

Yes! Rebranded to “Honey Smacks”. Literally 50% sugar by weight.

2 Likes

And the other 50%?
Carbs, which, convert to….sugar!

They were great!

2 Likes

Southerners will put butter and sugar into rice, horrifying all of Asia. Just go with it, it’s how they roll. Ice tea is like 50% sugar there.

NGL, grits sound pretty good right now too

Chicken fried steak or a Low Country Boil. Yellow Grits for breakfast (grits turned yellow by the butter) and Pepper Sauce as a condiment on every table.

Waffle House! Scattered smothered and covered

I lived in South Carolina and or Arkansas for 25 years

I do not miss chitlins

3 Likes

All solid solid choices

My favorite. Biscuits, butter and sausage gravy. A full meal unto itself

2 Likes

I actually am considering Marmite, which I can get locally. I’ve read that some love it and some hate it. $10.99 for a small jar here.

Yeah. It’s just so damn good. Especially with good peppery sausage gravy.

1 Like

Damn, now I’m craving it. Jacks Hamburger actually has the best around aside from making it yourself

1 Like

Pro tip from a Marmite fan. Toast some bread, spread butter onto the toast. Then thinly like really thinly spread on the marmite.

A little goes a long way. The people who hate it spread it on like thick peanut butter and it’s too overpowering.

1 Like

Nah, amateurs.
Vegemite requires good bread, thick butter spread while the toast is hot, so it soaks in, then a good layer of vegemite, mixing in with the butter so it goes glossy black.
A couple or four of those and you are good to go.
Vegemite is made from beer and full of Vitamin B so it is really a health food.

3 Likes

Ignore this foolishness @EddieJones Vegemite is the bastard illegitimate unwanted son of Marmite.

The Aussies think it’s great but they also drink VB. So they can’t be trusted in culinary matters :wink:

1 Like

Not to derail the topic, but some bass VI talk and some Mike Adams

1 Like