Harley Benton PB-20 BK Standard Series Bass Pack

After some digging for beginner basses, I found this beginner bass pack on the Thomann website, which is a German music company popular in the UK. I’m not sure whether I should buy it or not so I naturally came to you guys, the bass experts, to see what you think.
Edit: Here’s a video of someone playing a similar model so you can hear how it sounds.

4 Likes

There is a couple threads on HB, one most recently Here

5 Likes

5 Likes

Harley Benton makes incredible gear for the price. that’s not high-end gear of course, but I think that you can’t really find better gear for this price.

4 Likes

Even Squier’s bass packs are two times the price of this when to me, there’s no difference in sound.

3 Likes

I recently bought this

It’s the same bass only finish is different. oh and I love it so far!

6 Likes

I can’t wait to get it! :grin:

4 Likes

I just got a Harley Benton fretless Jazz Bass from Thomann. I am very impressed with it.

5 Likes

I hope you’re having fun with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Mr_Bass_Player I am. It sounds really good. It is very heavy though. About 11.8 pounds. Since it’s an ash body I guess you could say that it is one heavy ash bass. :grin:

3 Likes

@Sully @terb @t0nchk @joeike Thank you to everyone who replied. I have decided to get the PB-Shorty Short Scale Bass because I have tiny hands and it’s cheaper. Nothing’s different to the PB-20 except for the fact that it’s just smaller.

3 Likes

… which makes a big difference.

2 Likes

Or… a small one.

:thinking:

2 Likes