Has anyone tried the Fender Rumble 500 v3 combo amp?

minor nit here, there’s a whole lot of amps with separate low and high mids, it’s not rare at all.

4 Likes

@Celticstar I have a Rumble 500 myself. Since @LadyJ originally had a very specific scenario for its capabilities, it sounds like it would be in that scenario often. For every knob tweaker among us, there is about 20 set it and forget it folks. Hence my curiosity. But I appreciate your post and the clarifications! All good points!

2 Likes

For those of you that have the Rumble 500, do you hear any fan noise from it? I have had mine for a few months now and love it. I had not previously noticed any fan noise from mine, but just today I am hearing a fan noise - sort of similar noise level to when your lap top cranks up the fan. This, of course, won’t be a problem when playing but I’m curious if this normal, as I hadn’t noticed it before. Anyway, aside from this curiosity, I’m loving this amp.

One thing to check with new fan noise (for any electronics) is lint/dust buildup on the fan and fan grille. Sometimes slight restrictions of airflow can trigger temperature sensors.

4 Likes

Thanks Howard - will check that out.

2 Likes

I did not mean that this was rare or an exclusive Fender thing. I guess I should have said a lot of amps only have 3 band equalizers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep, 4-band is definitely a nice feature for sure.

1 Like

One more positive vote here! I have one of those bad boys as well and absolutely love it. The whole Rumble line is crazy lightweight. I upgraded from 100 to 500 a couple years before I really needed it- but practicing with a band now its been ideal. It’s only about 35lbs so easy enough to lug short distances and easily fits into my back seat. At practice with loud drums/guitars I normally run it about 1/2 volume so should be enough power for a small/mid size venue. (Also has XLR out as well)

5 Likes

no noises yet

1 Like

just got a Fender Rumble 500

I was concerned about the fan noise.

At practice level (alone), I can hear it - it is not disturbing

When pushing the volume it becomes neglictable of course.

I don’t regret at all moving from a very small practice combo to this one ; i found the sound at low level to be much better than my previous amp

1 Like