Headphones and glasses

I have to see if I can find them in a store and try them out. That could give me an idea. The AKGs seem to be a good choice but twice as much $ as the KZs. Thank you!

3 Likes

No problem. BTW, if you ever want to increase your budget for headphones, I’d recommend beyerdynamic or Sennheiser semi-open/open over-ear for the most comfort with glasses. I ended up going with the Sennheiser 599 and would buy them again if anything happened to them. I appreciate that not everyone wants to spend that much on headphones though. It’s the first time I did. However, it was a good investment for me personally as I wear them for work, music, and gaming.

4 Likes

That was one of the things that really impressed me about the KZ’s. For the money, I found them to be at least as good as the over ears I tried. I have no problem wearing them for an hour. I don’t think I’ve tried wearing them for longer than that.

My brother wears his for hours at the time and loves them. However, he does use the memory foam tips I was talking about.

3 Likes

I have AGK’s cans and wear glasses and don’t have any problem

3 Likes

Thank you! They seem to be really great but at this point over my budget. I will keep them in mind though.

3 Likes

Also, check this thread. Practice headphones

3 Likes

The price of the KZs really catches my attention! Even with mic at about $50! I have to look into the memory foam. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Thank you, alexmorrison14. They look great but rather expensive for my budget even if I like to go for Austrian products. :wink:

3 Likes

I love Sennheisers I have the HD600 ive had them for years and they are amazing I also use Momentums for music on my phone when I am out of the house…

3 Likes

I wear glasses and find the Sony MDR7506 headphones to be very comfortable.

2 Likes

I have a pair of MDR-V6 (the older school version of the 7506) and they are indeed built for comfort.

Even more comfortable are my Beyerdynamics DT-990 Pros. These are the most comfortable 'phones I have ever worn.

Over glasses both have some issues (all do I think) but they at least don’t hurt.

5 Likes

I have Grado Labs SR225e headphones, and wear glasses. The headphones (which are a snug fit) will press on the temples of the glasses and the temples become uncomfortable if left that way very long. What I do is put the headphones on while wearing the glasses, then pull the glasses out, and re-insert the temples ABOVE where the headphone would press on them.

Now, I wear progressive lenses (type of bifocals), but this has not caused a problem with focusing. I adjust the angle just a bit and can see fine.

2 Likes

Well, it boils down to budget and availability here. I can get a refurbished AKG 250 STUDIO and the KZ ZS10 Pro 4BA+1DD Hybrid Earbuds for the same price which is about $50 USD. I really don’t want to spend much more and the best options you have suggested are in most cases in the $100-$200+ range.
I still have to see if on ear headphones are an option. Meanwhile I want to thank each and everyone of you again. You have given me good points to consider and to take into account.

3 Likes

I have a pair of OneOdio Pro 50 over the ear headphones. I used them as my main headset for several months with no discomfort (I’ve been wearing glasses for 60+ years).

A few months ago I upgraded my recording/practice headphones to Audio-Technica ATH-M40X which have a flatter response.

I still use the OneOdio’s for general listening use. I can wear either set for hours with no discomfort.

What I do have a problem with is in-ears, which drive me crazy after a few minutes, although it may just be that I’ve never tried a pair that fit properly.

1 Like

I’m a fan of in-ears and there’s certainly some bargain options out there.

For what it’s worth, I have the ZS10 Pro but reckon the RevoNext QT2s are even better for similar money.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. Many people make very positive comments about the models you mention. I’ll take it into account.

Thanks! They don’t seem to be available here.

1 Like

They can be bought direct from the manufacturer via AliExpress.

I hope it’s OK to post a link
RevoNext QT2S In Ear Monitor Earbuds Triple Driver In Ear Headphone Wired Earbuds Noise Isolating Quality Earphone HIFI 2DD+1BA|Phone Earphones & Headphones| - AliExpress

The prices seem a little high at the moment but they fluctuate.
I paid about €40 including delivery, taxes etc…

If you can increase your budget the Moondrop Starfield are even better but about run about $110 delivered.

1 Like

By far the most comfortable headphones I ever worn (yes, I wear glasses too). They are pricey but I use them almost every day for about 3/4 years now and never had any issues with them. Other good brands are AKG, Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica.

For in-ear I swear with Sony.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks a lot. I live in Mexico and unfortunately that company and the one that starts with e and followed by a B have either incredibly high shipping costs and/or delivery times. A good example are strings. Shipping is as much as the strings and may take more than 30 days to deliver. That is why you pay around $100 USD for a set that may sell in the US for $35. A new Squier J-Bass costs as much as a 2nd hand Fender MIM in excellent condition in USA. But I really appreciate your effort!

2 Likes