Headphones and glasses

I’m a fan of in-ears and there’s certainly some bargain options out there.

For what it’s worth, I have the ZS10 Pro but reckon the RevoNext QT2s are even better for similar money.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. Many people make very positive comments about the models you mention. I’ll take it into account.

Thanks! They don’t seem to be available here.

1 Like

They can be bought direct from the manufacturer via AliExpress.

I hope it’s OK to post a link
RevoNext QT2S In Ear Monitor Earbuds Triple Driver In Ear Headphone Wired Earbuds Noise Isolating Quality Earphone HIFI 2DD+1BA|Phone Earphones & Headphones| - AliExpress

The prices seem a little high at the moment but they fluctuate.
I paid about €40 including delivery, taxes etc…

If you can increase your budget the Moondrop Starfield are even better but about run about $110 delivered.

1 Like

By far the most comfortable headphones I ever worn (yes, I wear glasses too). They are pricey but I use them almost every day for about 3/4 years now and never had any issues with them. Other good brands are AKG, Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica.

For in-ear I swear with Sony.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks a lot. I live in Mexico and unfortunately that company and the one that starts with e and followed by a B have either incredibly high shipping costs and/or delivery times. A good example are strings. Shipping is as much as the strings and may take more than 30 days to deliver. That is why you pay around $100 USD for a set that may sell in the US for $35. A new Squier J-Bass costs as much as a 2nd hand Fender MIM in excellent condition in USA. But I really appreciate your effort!

2 Likes

That’s a shame.
I can’t even offer to send you a set from here at the moment. I’ve just checked and there’s no postage from Ireland to Mexico due to Coronavirus. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

That is incredibly nice of you. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I have learned to be patient regarding these things. Things come in time. The company starting with A is my best choice and I have my eyes on the AKG 250 which are 30% more expensive than in the USA but sometimes they sell “Open Box” products in perfect conditions for half the price. I’ll have my new headphones sometime soon. Meanwhile practice may have to include a Paracetamol from time to time… Thank you again. That effort is really nice of you!

3 Likes

Being patient paid off. I got the AKG 240 in an open box. They arrived and the adaptor was missing. The company with A really responded and gave me a coupon. I ended un paying $40 for a perfect set. They are very comfortable while wearing glasses and I really like the sound and that they are semi-open. Call me paranoid but I want to hear the earthquake warnings. :slight_smile: I would probably be the freak that walks down the stairs calmly with headphones and a bass in his hands.

Thank you all again for your input. It really helped! Cheers and have a great weekend!

6 Likes

Enjoy your AKG 240! Excellent choice

3 Likes

Just seen this thread…. A great topic thread for the many of us (myself included) who wear glasses….

For me, I’ve found that the AKG K240 Studios work the best with my glasses. They are comfortable and are a superb set of headphones - however, like anything that goes over your ears when you wear glasses, they do over time (maybe a couple hours or so) start to feel a bit uncomfortable pressing against the frames of my glasses…. You just can’t beat the sound though!! So,… awhile back I purchased a set of BASN Bmaster Triple Drivers in Ear Monitor Headphones.

I use these for all my practice, and have started doing my audio/video recordings with them. They are great “In Ear” headphones and come with all sorts of different ear tips and an additional cable with a built in microphone.

When it comes to sound, they are no way comparable to AKG’s, but for long term no pressure against my glasses frames,… they are a Godsend!! Hell, I wear them all day long sometimes and when I don’t need them I just pull one or both outta my ears and let them hang on my shoulder. When I’m in my music room I will plug them into an extension cable that is connected to one of my amps for practice…. If I were to compare these with my AKG’s, I would say that the bass presence is a bit (lot) lacking…. which is why I would never use them for “Transcribing” or “Mixing” purposes…. I’ll use the AKG’s for those tasks….

So, if you’re looking at a decent set of “In Ear” headphones that will not break the bank (UNDER $100 USD), these things work pretty damn good for me…. But,…. I would ALWAYS go for a a decent set of headphones (like the AKG 240’s) as my “First” set of headphones before getting any “In Ear” headphones - simply because (just my opinion) - you will ALWAYS get a more clear, clean, pure, and distinct sound from a decent set of “cans”……

BASN Bmaster Triple Drivers in Ear Monitor Headphone with Two Detachable Cables Fit in Ear Suitable for Audio Engineer, Musician (White) (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093DSGXR3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CPYVR4KKR5B9CZT7K4E2

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

Great choice!
Things that work for me is a light clamping force and very soft pads, so for me it’s K701 line. I work with them at our studio, and well, they are so comfortable that it’s a pure pain to switch back to the setup I have at home. Guess I’ll give AKG 240 a try…

1 Like

So far, my Beyerdynamics DT990 Pros are the only headphones I have found that I can wear glasses with.

2 Likes

Headphones with a (very) soft padding are the way to go for glasses.

1 Like