Hello Everyone

I’m an older guy that loves Bass. I’ve been playing since age 13.
I don’t know where to begin so here goes (please be gentle :tongue:)
I have just a bunch of old antique, but playable stuff . Newest to my collection is a Douglas 6 string bass., 2015 Rickenbacker 4003s that my wife bought me. The oldest is a 1965 Epiphone Embassy bass (bat wing head stock) under restoration. Total of 57 guitars and basses.

Played with the most:
Carvin PB-300 with a Peavey 215 cabinet Bi-amped with a Peavey Mark III Bass amp for the Low end with a Peavey 118 cabinet.

Rickenbacker 4003s, Dean 10 string, 2 Aria Pro 5 stringers,
Custom built 8 string, 1976 Kramer 450B, Fender 70’s reissue Jazz.

Favorite Genres:

60’s, 70’s 80’s. Most anything. Funk, Country Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash. Not a big Hip Hop or electronic fan.

I Fill in at some gigs, None serious.

Influences :

Paul McCartney, Mel Schacher (Grand Funk), Peter Tork (The Monkees. Yea I know. But I was 11 and didn’t know any better), Dennis Dunaway (old Alice Cooper group), John Entwhistle, Geezer Butler, Louis Johnson, Duck Dunn, Jack Bruce, Felix Pappalardi, Geddy Lee, Cliff Burton, Bootsy Collins, Lemmy, Steve Harris, Les Claypool. Roger Glover, Bob Daisley, Gary Thain (Uriah Heep),

Hobbies and Interests:

Carpentry, Electric wiring, old electronic repair, Guitar Repair.

My music tastes are all over the board from classical to ear splitting stuff.(Drowning Pool, Slipknot, Korn…blah blah blah… :upside_down_face:)

7 Likes

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrre you ready!!! My love of korn faded quickly after follow the ladder.

Slipknot I’ve seen 4 times live. One of the best live shows I’ve ever seen!

5 Likes

Welcome @Phud
57 guitars and basses! My house isn’t big enough to store that many lol

4 Likes

@Phud Welcome to BassBuzz!

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

That is one massive collection. We want to see it!
Show it to us here… Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

You’re in the right place. This community stretches across all extremes.

Lastly, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. There is probably someone with an answer. If you have an answer for someone, don’t hesitate to join in.

6 Likes

I have to sleep out with the cat. :crazy_face: Actually all my stuff is upstairs. And I can’t go up the steps until the doc says I can. And I get past the sentry that I call my wife. :innocent:

4 Likes

Welcome @Phud

3 Likes

that’s a serious case of GAS.

3 Likes