Hi from Western Australia

Live about 250km south of Perth in Kojonup working away on a mine site 2 on one off 12 hour shifts… so thought what can I do in my spare time…what have I always wanted to do…and so it came to play bass as I have loved listening and watching bassist.

So after watching bassbuzz blind reviews I am now a proud owner of a pj action cort in black cherry an a fender rumble amp.all bought second hand… After watching many lesson providers I found myself drawn to bassbuzz style in tune with my learning I guess so bought my lessons only to use my left index finger to check the sharpness of a drill bit tearing a piece out of it, right where you place it on the string. So I am leaving the lessons until I can do them correctly as I do not want to start with bad habits…

6 Likes

Welcome aboard, @kiwiliveshere . . . :slight_smile:

Sorry about your injury, and hope you’ll be on the mend very quickly.

When you’re ready, you’ll enjoy Josh’s course!

All best and see you around the Forums, Joe

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks. Injury more annoying than anything

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and the course @kiwiliveshere! Sorry about your finger, owwwww.

1 Like

Welcome and that’s a bummer about the injury. However, if you end up becoming a great bassist with unique fretting abilities, you got a helluva story as to why.

1 Like

Never thought of that …thanks for the positive

1 Like

Thanks Josh…it was funny when it happened the first thing I thought was that I wasn’t going to be able to start course and that hurt more actually… Good comes to those that wait…i guess

2 Likes

G’day @kiwiliveshere
Cheers mate, have a flat white, practice heaps…
how good is it?

I toured a few times in Australia, and I loved it. We never made it West, sadly.
Best of luck to you in the playing, and thanks for saying hey!

1 Like

Welcome! Great to see anotherAussie here :+1:

1 Like

Cheers mate

1 Like

Cheers mate more like a lager

2 Likes