Honoring the Veterans who have served

It’s our (USA) Veterans Day. A day when we in the USA honor all who have served in our Nations armed forces… Today I play my bass for all who have served, and all who are currently serving…

Keep on Thumpin
Lanny

11 Likes

Hey, Lanny:
Thanks, man. As a Disabled Vietnam Combat Veteran, I’m honored that you would think to write this. I still get choked up when people thank me for my service.
I have wanted to play bass almost all my life, but just never got it done. So, today, as a Veteran’s Day gift to myself, I bought the BassBuzz Beginner to Badass Program. I’m extremely excited. Music, and especially the bass, has always filled my soul. I will finally be able to play, and I won’t stop playing until I can’t.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words.
~Robert

13 Likes

My brother is a disabled combat veteran and I can’t thank you all enough for your service and sacrifice.

7 Likes

@RCoregon1 Hi Lenny and welcome to the forum. Glad you have finally taken the leap and started learning the bass. You have chosen the right method of learning. I am part way through the course at the moment and really enjoying it.
Good luck with your new passion

3 Likes

@RCoregon1, I too am a Vietnam Vet who has suffered with PTSD for many years… Music has always been my medication, and guitar/bass have always been my crutch’s.

Welcome Home Man!
Lanny

6 Likes

Thank you for posting that @Lanny. I’m always grateful that I was able to survive 1967 and 1968 in Vietnam when things were at their peak. I’m fortunate to have come home with all my parts intact and only a short-lived, mild case of PTSD.

9 Likes

Hey, Lanny:
I would say that playing guitar/bass is your “therapy”, rather than “crutches.” We all need a little medication and/or therapy from time-to-time. My therapy has always been music and motorcycles. Don’t ride much anymore, but music is stronger than ever. I’ve been producing music for a few years now, and it has somewhat “saved” my sanity.
Keep on playing, my friend.
Welcome home, Brother. Thank you for your service.
~Robert

5 Likes

Thanks.
Appreciate the encouragement.
~Robert

4 Likes

Welcome home, Sister.
Thank you for your service.
~Robert

5 Likes

Hey All!
Sorry I missed this posting, so a late Thank You to all who served, but especially for those who saw combat. My Pop who retired from the Army in 72 spent 2 tours in Vietnam, the 2nd time he came home in a cast from his waist up to the top of his head. He was in the 82nd and got injured during a jump. He healed fine, but came down with cancer in the mid 90’s and didn’t win that battle. I served in the Air Force for 4 years back in 77 thru 81…2 years in Germany and discharged from K.I. Sawyer in U.P. of Michigan…loved Germany, hated Sawyer.

6 Likes

@RCoregon1 - A very good point! Actually, the only ‘real’ therapy has been the support of my wife of almost 45 years… She’s learned to deal with it all and knows exactly how to handle things with me. Along with filling the role as my wife, ‘She’ is and always has been my therapist, and as such understands and supports my love and enjoyment for music… I guess it’s ‘All’ therapy when you think about it…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

Nasty times @PamPurrs… I did 2 tours. One in '71 and another in '73. Being a Navy engineman made me a prime candidate as engineers on a couple brown water boats… One Swift (PBR), One MSB (Mine Sweeper/Bay).

1 Like

I thought you said you were a submariner???

1 Like

@PamPurrs - Yes, but in the 70’s when things were de-escalating, they started pulling engineman from the boats and ships out of Yankee station to fill in on 30 tours on brown navy boats so Defense could downsize the force in country without having to decrease operations… Our tours on these boats were only 30 days at a shot… On the sub, we would sit underwater for 30 days straight and snorkel at night… Boring as hell…

1 Like

A special shout out and thank you to all our Veterans here on the forum! Thank you for your service and dedication and sacrifice.

3 Likes

I appreciate you’re thoughts @JerryP. It was a pleasure to serve my country.
FB_IMG_1636649658978

4 Likes

It’s remembrance day here in Canuckistan.

Lest we forget.

4 Likes

Marine veteran here. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hooah!

3 Likes

Actually it is “oooorah” to a Marine :grin:

5 Likes