How long should it take to learn a song?

Indeed I am. Working on another song now…

5 Likes

Can’t wait to hear it Pam. @PamPurrs👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I’d like to add an addendum to this post: How long should it take to re-learn a song?
I have been practicing some new covers and the I went back to check on transcription of one of them, and I found out I was playing some of the notes incorrectly. They were close enough to not sound bad, but in retrospect, it always sounded a bit off. I thought it was my transcription. Anyway it took me three practice sessions (about 3 hours) to re-train the moving parts for the right notes.

3 Likes

Hey @JerryP, something I’ve come across a couple of times when trying to learn songs by ear from YouTube (a version of Zak Wilde’s “throwin’ it all away” was an example for me) is that there is some weird movement to change standard tuning from 440 to 432 hz… It makes it impossible to play unless you retune your bass to suit. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of this happening on YouTube. Maybe it’s to get around copyright issues. IDK…but very frustrating. Music Theory: 432 Hz - Separating Fact From Fiction : Ask.Audio

4 Likes

Yeah, basically A=432 is a cult :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, thanks @howard, was a little worried I was the only one here who encountered this.

5 Likes

That’s just awful sounding…I think he sums it up well at the end, when he said they just ignored all the music theory that has been established for centuries just to find some #s that line up with sacred geometry or some other esoteric notion.

7 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes