How much current do your pedals draw?

the OC-2 draws … 4 ma :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Some of those are beautiful that way. The Big Muff - 5-7mA, depending on which muff.

2 Likes

yeah and it’s pretty easy to guess if a pedal draws a lot of current or not, if you have the schematics. most overdrive with a dual op-amp will draw less than 20 mA. the Big Muff draws way less because, if I remember, it only uses discrete transistors.

3 Likes

@terb Great idea for a new thread.

2 Likes

Hah I was just looking at it (stink foot) a few hours ago, it’s one of my current pet peeves that tc electronic lists pretty much all their pedals as being 100 mA. Inluding ones I bet are only like 12 mA, really the wiretap?

2 Likes

Darkglass vintage 30 mA
EHX 2020 Tuner 20 mA
Hotone wally plus Looper 40 mA
JPTR Jive mini 100 mA
Zoom ms-60b 140 mA
Source Audio EQ2 165 mA
Source Audio Spectrum 165 mA
Singular beat buddy 300 mA

Mooer radar 12v 300 mA
Radial Bassbone 15v 400 mA rvrs polarity :roll_eyes:
And a buncha tc pedals around 100 mA :joy:

2 Likes

I just ordered a new PSU : Harley Benton Power Plant JR , an exact copy of the T-Rex Fuel Tank JR. 5 x 9v DC @ 120 ma , full galvanic isolation.

2 Likes

it’s tiny!

2 Likes

that’s what I want ! I’m finally decided (for now :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) to build a very small and minimal pedalboard with only 3 pedals.

by the way Harley Benton makes even smaller switching PSUs but I wanted the old school galvanic isolation. it’s better in theory, not sure it makes a difference in the real world.

2 Likes

Shipping would be terrible to here but it’s great to see they are making such good stuff for Thomann.

Ooh in other news, I wrote Musikdings and they will ship the Schalltechnik stuff to me for 28 Euros. Which isn’t so bad because they will also knock off the VAT. Tempting.

3 Likes

Did you post anywhere about this one, I don’t recall you getting it. Would like to see what it is all about. I was looking at some EBS pedals recently, couple really well priced ones on Offer Up and REverb (same seller), so would like to know how you like it.

1 Like

Basically a rabbit hole I am going down, doing a little shootout of solid state vs tubes.

2 Likes

yeah that’s a pretty good price !

2 Likes

All in all not bad for EU->Japan shipping yeah.

2 Likes

I received my Harley Benton Power Plant JR PSU : it’s tiny, well made, and it brings absolutly no unwanted noise. pure silence.

also it came with a lot of cables of different lengths, a daisy chain cable and a special Y cable to wire two outputs in series for a 18v output.

3 Likes

Sounds sweet.
Any Pics?

1 Like

it’s this model : Harley Benton PowerPlant Junior – Thomann France

2 Likes

I’ve seen it on their site, I was thinking maybe you had some pic’s of it in action.

it’s just a PSU, I can make a picture but I’m not sure it would add anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

… 'might add a ON/OFF switch

1 Like