How To Get Sub-Username?

Hi! I noticed some people have something I would call a mini-description or sub-username… I can only think of one right now - @PamPurrs “Bad Ass Bass Gal.” Anyone know how to get this? Thanks!
P.S. I’m trying to get the best new user of the month badge, so if you like my posts please feel free to drop a like!

3 Likes

As far as I know you don’t really. It’s not like badges but given out by the bassbuzz team.

Ufff, then I would stop posting as much. In my first month two users got the badge who barely made any posts except the introduction post and as the introduction post usually gets liked a lot I suspect the algorithm tries to value quality over quantity and thus it’s probably something like the 2 users with the highest average likes per post get it.

3 Likes

Josh gave me that title only because I requested it, and only after about a year of extreme activity on the forum. On my website I use that same title, so I wanted it in BassBuzz as well.
I think there’s a way to get a title on your own, but it has something to do with time and activity. You’d have to ask Josh or @Bassbot about that. To

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

1 Like

Ok thank you!

2 Likes

These are most likely what are known as “user titles” in the Discourse forum software. Apparently, in this forum we can’t change our own user titles, but admins can.

4 Likes

Once you reach certain forum milestones there’s a couple automatically granted titles, IIRC:

You can choose them in your profile.

6 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that some people have their trust level as their user title, so I figured that would be the case :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah, most of those are automatically applied at a certain trust level, like if you see someone with the “Regular” title.

Except Pam, she got a custom shop model. :slight_smile:

Best approach around here is just be yourself and don’t worry about the numbers, likes, and badges too much!

14 Likes

Best advice ------- > Best approach around here is just be yourself and don’t worry about the numbers, likes, and badges too much!

11 Likes

As far as I’m concerned only Pam should have a title :joy:

9 Likes

I agree @itsratso,
cheers Brian

5 Likes

I’m good with that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1
Although I get the sentiment. Especially in the beginning when it’s fast and easy to get new badges. Monkey brain says “good stuff” and wants more of the acknowledgement.

But honestly I love this place. To me it feels like a safe haven in the vast and mostly hostile sea that is the internet.

10 Likes

Yup. Great folks here from a really diverse set of backgrounds.

7 Likes

+1

6 Likes

I agree as well!

1 Like

Okay okay! I get it! I only did it a few times.

5 Likes

Hey @JoshFossgreen can you close this too? Thanks!

Even though I value your spirit for housekeeping, there is special reason to close topics, just let them sink into abbyss and especially tagging our trusty teacher for this as he’s got a lot to do (Josh, release that new course already! :wink:)

5 Likes