How to Structure Practice Time?

Hey everyone,
This is my first post on here. I was just curious how you guys structure your practice time or have advice on how to do that. I find myself getting distracted and unfocused and it’s wasting the little time I have to practice and make progress.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Job . . . glad to have you with us :slight_smile:

Here’s a topic which you may find useful:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

That was a helpful post. So thanks for that! I also don’t know when to practice to a metronome. My bass teacher told me to use a metronome but he was vague and didn’t get into specifics.

3 Likes

Glad to be able to help @Job . . . :slight_smile:

We also have a number of posts about metronomes.

On the upper right corner of your screen, look for the “magnifying glass” icon and click on it. It’s the “search” button, and you can find any number of posts on different topics that way.

Good luck to you and see you around the Forums!

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

P. S. When you get the chance, stop by our “Introduce Yourself” thread and tell us a little about yourself, @Job . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Any good bass teacher should allow you to ask questions between lessons, don’t be afraid to, but…
Using a metronome or drum machine app or backing track is a really good idea to help develop good timing. Use either/any as much as you possibly can when practicing. If you are simply trying to learn a riff or a song and get the notes under your fingers - then no, don’t use one. But any exercises etc should be to some sort of beat.

2 Likes