Hurt my stupid wrist

For me too, but when I stand for a while my legs get numb or my feet hurt in weird ways. So I go back and forth.

3 Likes

Dance around a little when you play. I’m serious…

2 Likes

Now I have this image in my mind of you, with a beer, in your pajamas, with a bass, dancing around.

3 Likes

Peter I have the same picture of @PamPurrs except with her groupie cheering on. :rofl:

3 Likes

@tamaraster , I do this before doing anything else. It gets all the bits needed loosened up. I only sit playing bass as in a wheelchair. When standing, I love @PamPurrs suggestion “Dance” get into the groove. I do even just sitting :rofl: the Pop that can Bop. @Lanny also gave a good one with the wrist.
Set up properly your bass will make you want tae dance :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar: :slightly_smiling_face:
Heal well & be kind to yourself

4 Likes

@tamaraster how’s your wrist doing?

1 Like

Better. It did bug me a little when I played today. (I just got my bass back from being set up.)

3 Likes

Did you notice any change in playability after the set up?

2 Likes

No, not at all, actually. I can’t say it’s worse but it’s not noticeably better.

2 Likes

Bummer… I guess thats why I’ve never had any of mine set up by anyone other than myself. At least I’m always guaranteed some sort of result whether good or bad…

There is one thing that I do that you might wanna try… I keep a small allen wrench handy to adjust the action on each individual string. We all play our instruments differently and most playability issues are ones regarding string height. I don’t use a gauge to set my string actions. After I set the truss and intonate each string, I play different songs and stop to adjust individual string heights and angles on the saddles. Eventually you’ll hit that “Sweet spot” where each string just feels, plays, and sounds naturally balanced (for you)…

You’ll be surprised at the difference it makes when you set your own instrument up to be played the way you play it… You might wanna give it a try…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Can you share the kind of wrist support you use while playing?

2 Likes

@y.farkash - I use the type that is for carpal tunnel. I have different styles, but the all do the same thing. They help keep my wrist straight which helps relieve the pain. They can get in the way a bit while playing, so it’s something you have to get use to.

3 Likes