I betrayed Bass and bought a Guitar!

Do you have the guitar in hand?
They look pretty parallel to each other. The low E string tuner looks just a little bit off to my OCD eye. If that bothers you?

3325b13ebb2a7cbf724db33a926887be9473a720_2_507x500

1 Like

Yes, Low is is a bit off, but also, looking across at tuners, they are not in the same spot as the pegs stick out more or less.
Top row, left side in further, right side out further, same for middle row.
Bottom row, E ls crooked or bent or both.

Looks like low level wonky quality.

1 Like

Yep, definitely going to crank the springs down to the max. May block it if there’s still tuning issues.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I see as well, low E a bit off and some stick out more. I wonder if it’s an optical angle thing. Those are pics from the internet, I’m going to go check it out tomorrow. Eastman is supposed to be really good quality from China and well respected for the price according to acoustic guitar forum.

Here’s a Martin D-28 for comparison. They look a bit crooked to me as well.

They say that about their saxes too but I’ve seen otherwise.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell from a picture. The guitar or camera could be a tiny bit tilted which makes it seems it’s not aligned. That said I really can’t imagine a Martin being crooked lol.

1 Like

it’s even not necessary to tighten the springs to the max. if the trem is flat to the table, it’s enough.

3 Likes

Cool. Guitar just got here, inspecting it and about to change the strings. I’ll post pics later.

3 Likes

Awesome, was curious as well haha.

Yeah I second this. Just don’t use the trem and it already acts much like a hardtail.

2 Likes

Cleaned up nicely:

Not perfect, but not bad. Nice flame maple cap:

It’s described online as a “PRS Killer”. It absolutely, positively is not. It is pretty nice for the price though. Feels great, good quality.

I tightened the trem a little but not too much, seems fine. It’s flat on the deck at any rate.

7 Likes

Also, 9’s are a lot smaller than 10’s, I didn’t expect such a difference. I’m sure I will break one soon though. Garrotted my thumb bloody with the high E string putting it on :rofl:

1 Like

Good thing it’s red, blood won’t show as much :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah it’s a big difference.

the most similar guitar I have, compared to your Cort, is in 12/54 (Drop C#)

3 Likes

Love the sticker :slight_smile:

We’ll see how I like these but I suspect 10’s are going on next.

2 Likes

I had it when I bought the “Abnormal” CD (Bumblefoot) :slight_smile: and I also have the t-shirt with the same picture

10/46 is probably the most standard gauge. I used 11 for years but I switched Juliette to 10/52 a few years ago and that’s what I prefer. but it’s very personnal, so, yeah, trying different gauges is the right way to find yours, for sure !

2 Likes

I’ve tried 8s 9s 10s and 11s and 10s it is for me. My heavy handed poor technique is best hidden with 10s :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well I seem to have retained some callouses and remembered some chords. So far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come back to the dark side.

1 Like

Oh I’m still there :metal: :slight_smile: :metal:

1 Like