I betrayed Bass and bought a Guitar!

Cool, bought.

Hey @JerryP - you can install Amplitube on up to 10 things, so you can do your laptop and your home PC, no issue.

2 Likes

Cool. Should have mentioned you ideally want A5 Max for that price but it’s not a bad price for any of them.

2 Likes

Ya that’s what it is A5 Max.

3 Likes

Perfect! Yeah thats the sale price, normally it’s $500 to unlock all the amps and effects. I got it for $99 too and it is a great buy.

As always, the sale price is the real price.

2 Likes

Thanks, John!

1 Like

Good lord, you could spend the rest of your life just playing in Amplitube with guitar tones.
What a rabbit hole.
Such a good package for exploring pretty much any/every guitar sound ever, thanks @howard for the reco.

Now that I have it, have to play with the bass side too.
I am going to need two more lifetimes to do everything I want to do.

BTW, the guitar sounds fine (for my uses) in the Boss Waza Air Bass headphones, and sounds really good on my Phil Jones bass amp! Next test (too tired) on the big system with all my goofy pedals. The Gamechanger Bigsby just got really interesting to me with the tele.
Woot!

4 Likes

I think both @JerryP and @Growl use it for their bass covers if I’m remembering correctly.

2 Likes

Yup

1 Like

Any idea when the “sale” price ends, the site mentions this months specials so assume it’s all of March?

1 Like

It’s the 23rd or 26th. Saw it somewhere but can’t remember the exact date.

2 Likes

Speaking of strings, my Revstar strings are dead dead dead. Time to change them.

Those elixirs were nice. Going back to EXL’s now though

4 Likes

I bought a few different options. Awaiting for them to arrive to do a setup ans start experimenting.

2 Likes

The Elixirs are great but you would expect that from $10 strings. They cost as much as NYXL’s.

1 Like

So you’re saying its currently strung with poor man’s flats! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh hey, the MIJ Tele Hybrid II’s have contours :heart:

Must try. It would exactly match my Hybrid II P-Bass :rofl:

Love the P-Bass, suspect these Hybrid II’s are made by FujiGen, based on S/N search and overall features.

4 Likes

So my current guitar challenge: I am not letting myself suck and being OK with it.

I am getting frustrated recently because there’s songs I can easily nail on bass that have similarly leveled guitar parts that I simply cannot play. And I mean duh, of course I can’t. I’ve been playing bass for going on five years now and guitar is still super new to me (plus I haven’t really put the time in it requires yet).

Buying the Revstar was great because it’s adorable and motivated me to pick it up. Weirdly this might be one of those very rare problem that gear CAN fix; new and shiny leading to desire to jam out on fun new instruments and motivating more playtime.

But really the fundamental issue is I simply need to let myself not feel bad about sucking. Embrace the suck. Enjoy it until I progress. Because bottom line is there’s nothing more destructive to motivation than letting yourself not be OK with sucking as a beginner.

6 Likes

This sounds familiar. I had moments where I thought that I was on fire and after that playing has been terrible… Every day a little bit of practice helps but breaks can help too. Try focussing on a different song if you are really stuck.

There is much more difference with guitars in terms of feel and playability IMHO. I switch often between my modern Jackson and my tele. At this point I am most comfortable playing most songs on the Tele.

4 Likes

I think you mentioned before that you were using Justins course.

If so, have you had a look at the accompanying Nitsuj videos where he follows his own course material trying to learn to play the guitar left handed?

He goes through the same coordination, dexterity and endurance issues that the rest of us mere mortals go through as we learn these new skills and our bodies and brains start to adjust.

I found the videos very reassuring as he invariably encountered the same struggles I was dealing with when trying to learn.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. That was a great series on his part. And intellectually I know that it is fine to be bad at this stage (or really any stage). It’s just I need to listen to my own advice here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One thing I’m figuring out (finally) is that it takes a lifetime commitment to learn an instrument, not suck, and maintain proficiency. IMO, unless you are a prodigy, for normal folk like me, If you want to be good at something, you have to devote yourself to it almost exclusively. This trying to learn 3 instruments at once for me, is counter productive. I need to pick one and stick with it.

5 Likes