I don't think it's me, but

Yep for sure… bass lines pop now much more than ever before.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’ll hear one of my favorite songs on the radio with new ears as a bassist and get very excited to learn it. I’ve introduced and added several songs to my gigging (occasional) cover band’s set list as a result of this very thing. I’ve also gained new appreciation and love for songs that really didn’t interest me until I heard them with new “bassist” ears. I also love really listening to bands where the bassist and guitarist really support each other without paying the same thing.

2 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz @phillipsbw19 !

1 Like

I Agree And Enjoyed The Responses From Above

For Me;
When I was noodling around with the course, I am still a rookie, I would note the baseline for sure in a verity of songs. But now I have noticed how much I am keen on the drummer and high hats. I do my best to tap my toes to the quarter notes while doing my best to feel the rhythm and/or vibe of the song/songs.

Be Well All,
Cheers

2 Likes

I agree, my attention has been heightened to bass lines more after finishing the B2B.

So much more attuned to bass now its really changed the way I listen to music… Albums I wasnt bothered by I like now, bands I might not have noticed. Im even interested in jazz now and that really hadnt been on my radar.

2 Likes

It’s similar to the difference between being in a crowded, loud place full of people speaking different languages unable to speak any of those languages and being in the same space with some local language ability.

I always thought that music is a spandrel of our ability to process complex language, so I would actually bet that the biology of both, being able to pick up bits of conversation in some language and being able to focus on a bassline, will be the same.

2 Likes

You like her music too? Going to see her play live in my home town tonight. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Yeah for sure, I really liked the album ‘Het is’. To be fair I haven’t listened to her much after that but I still think she is one of the better Dutch artists :slight_smile:

Enjoy your evening!

1 Like