Test for editing topic title after 2 months

Damn you Fossgreen.*
And everyone else who raided my PM inbox.

*) a play on the “Damn you Willis” meme that flares up any time David Willis introduces a plot twist that negatively affects one of the characters in his web comic universe.

To be continued…

11 Likes

Glad you are back!

Hope I did not annoy you with the PMs :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

We need that apple red candy in our lives!

6 Likes

Annoy? No.
Confuse? … yup.

4 Likes

Affirmative.

4 Likes

How is the thumb Peter?

3 Likes

The index finger is fine. :grin:
Revisited a couple B2B modules yesterday.

4 Likes

Welcome back :+1:

3 Likes

That wasn’t my intent either but I guess we can leave it now :wink:

4 Likes

Yes Peter your right :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll explain later… when I am done cooking, eating and having coffee.

5 Likes

OK, so the confusing bit was where my assessment of the impact of me leaving and the assessment of others seemed to differ substantially.
While this is flattering, it does not correspond with the image I have of myself… I think I’m by far not the most prolific or likeable character around… and what with the steady influx of new forum members, and the presence of members at least as witty as I am, I had no doubt that me leaving would be a mere ripple, nothing more.
AND NO THIS IS NOT AN OPEN INVITATION FOR YOU GUYS AND GALS TO GO TELL ME OTHERWISE… my ego is big enough without having to fish for compliments already, so cut it out, ok?

Anyway, once our Trusty Bass Teacher chimed in to tell me to shut up and haul my ass back in*, I clicked my heels and reported for duty. And since leaving, considering my (admittedly angry) comment, was something I thought would be better but not what I wanted, there was at least some relief. Cuz, even though my generally cranky demeanor would suggest otherwise, I would definitely have missed you guys. :blush:

I am hoping that we can find it within ourselves to leave the controversial topics alone. This will be hard enough what with the 2020 elections looming on the horizon – and not just for the US residents – us here in Europe are rather opinionated on the matter ourselves. I don’t know about all of you, but I, for one, am not here to worry about the future, or about international affairs, or about climate change, or about racial matters, or about dying – I can do all that perfectly well elsewhere.
I’m here because I want to transition from “the owner of three bass guitars” into “a bass player”, and I want to enjoy every step along the way.

And to wrap this up, I apologise for any upsettance I may have caused.

Enough with the talking. Let’s rumble. :smiley:

*) I’m exaggerating here, but only slightly.

10 Likes

Glad you’re back Sir.

4 Likes

wait… who ya talkin’ to? :wink:

4 Likes

You made my day by returning @peterhuppertz. Let’s just rewind and return to where we were.

3 Likes

@peterhuppertz glad your back Mr Grumpy. I’m enjoying our bass journeys.
:guitar: :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

6 Likes

Shut yer face. :wink: :rofl: :laughing:

5 Likes

Hi @peterhuppertz,
You may have spent to much time in lock up, and then to self harm​:joy::grin: what else can be said.
I still love that candy apple weapon👍
Welcome :pray: back
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

In my experience, which is of course vast, only the prolific and/or likeable characters use verbage such as this. Facts aren’t wrong, so just deal.

Again, it’s ONLY the funny mutha mutha’s that say it, so add that to your ego gobs.

This fascinates me to no end. I know in 2012, there were several people in the UK that were collectively more worried than roughly 1.33 Americans. You guys have the same guy we do, except boris actually looks cool chugging beer and slamming on a 6 foot basketball hoop.

Bless your sweet soul for allowing me to be the one to point this out to you, but…I think you kinda are. Thanks for the advice and support along the way. Also, if you have neither advised or supported me, I would appreciate you keeping up appearances. Its much harder to backspace or edit than it is to carry out fictional compliments of your character. Please act. accordingly.

Those were actually my heels you clicked. Just saying.

Lot of words to say thanks for not leaving and that you were never alone in your thoughts.

4 Likes

… um, right. I will ignore the ego boosts, if you don’t mind.
But there is one thing I’d like to take up with you:
Europe is a part of the world, not a country. The country that suffers under Boris is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not Europe.

Not everybody in The Netherlands is happy with our guy in charge, but most of us agree we’re better off than the UK.

5 Likes