I know it's not a big deal but . .

. . . I did my first jamming along to a song. I’ve only been playing for a few weeks now. I got the lessons (just finished the skynrd lesson), and beyond what i’ve learned here I know a few scales. for shits and giggles, I put on “Good Morning Little Schoolgirl” by the Grateful Dead (Two from the Vault - from 1968). I figured out the one bass riff and then just jammed along. I"m sure it wasn’t technically that great, but it was a lot of fun and I just wanted to share that.

19 Likes

It most certainly is a big deal mate. Congratulations on another step in your bass journey

5 Likes

Huge deal, Great job.
and welcome to the forum

5 Likes

I love this!
This is prime, grade A material for this thread here!
If you stumble into anymore of these glorious musical moments, please share 'em!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @dosey69,
Enjoy the ride.
Sounds like your already having a blast👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @dosey69!

5 Likes

Yes it’s a big deal.
I was following the lessons & started trying to play some songs I had heard. So with practice I was literally playing bass on songs like Audioslave’s “I am the Highway” & Great White’s “House of Broken Love”. I recruited a small audience to critique it & they gave me a 8 out of 10. Great feeling.
Just continue practicing & enjoying the bass & it will make you better & better.

3 Likes

Congrats on the vote of confidence. Two good songs too :+1:

2 Likes