I need some feedback on my next Bass

I just looked on Reverb US, you are correct, not a single one.

3 Likes

Nope! Premium model from a few years ago.

2 Likes

It’s funny. I owned both as well and sold the BB734a :rofl:

Mostly due to the weight and uninspired color choices - which look fine, but didn’t excite me - and that I replaced it with a bucket-list P/J. All in all it’s a truly fantastic bass.

1 Like

My TRBX304 was my 1st bass & I still like it. It’s well built & sounds great although it’s a bit heavy but a solid performing instrument. My go to bass is my Ibanez SR870 and I think you may want to look a bit higher than the Yamaha. JMHO.

2 Likes

SR870 look nice. Not a large improvement over the 604 though; Bartolini pickups vs the YGD (which are already great), more premium wood choices, parametric mid (very nice), but lacking active/passive (I think? Didn’t see it anyway). Definitely a bit nicer but kind of a small incremental upgrade. Love the color choices - that subdued purple/grey one is really nice. Cool bridge too of course.

Also probably getting rare? I think those were the same model years as the SR2400.

The 604 is actually really really good. A large improvement over the 304.

I do want a SR2400 though.

I really love the whole SR line. Definitely my style.

1 Like

Oh yes, my TRBX604FM in flame red is GORGEOUS! I had a lot of trouble with the bland color choices of the BB, but I’ve come to appreciate the understated elegance of the coffee burst finish. It helps that I bought one from Sweetwater when they had four in stock, and I could look at photos and pick the one I liked the best (very nice color gradients in the fretboard wood, too). It’s a nice-looking bass, but not nearly as pretty as the TRBX, for sure!

2 Likes

One thing is for damn sure… Indonesia is producing some fine basses!

3 Likes

Yep, super impressed with the quality.

CNC for the win. Everywhere are producing fine basses. I can’t think of a country that is making bad ones.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s less a question of country now, and more of the individual factory… or product line if one factory produces a bunch of lines.

1 Like

…or diligence in QC by the parent company.

1 Like

This.
I’ve been in many many food co-manufacturers in the USA and know the brands to stay away from because they allow certain practices for their co-packed products.

UPDATE: I got the Fender American Professional II Jazz Bass 2 weeks ago. I am VERY happy with my decision. Thanks for the feedback guys!

12 Likes

Well that is flippin’ gorgeous!

1 Like

One of my favorite finishes from Fender. She’s a beauty

2 Likes

absolutely, dark night.

1 Like

Very late to the conversation, but just wanted to say that bass looks amazing.

1 Like