I Need Your Advice for Future Livestreams

:rofl:

3 Likes

It might be the only time Gio gets to play the bass that week!

4 Likes

I voted for topic based, but I like this idea. So have the Q&A at the end of a stream tied to the topic at hand, and then every once in a while, do an “open Q&A” kinda thing.

So really, both. :smiley:

5 Likes

I just wanted to say that maybe @mgoldst and I got together and hatched this scheme together… but maybe we didn’t. (@mgoldst - i still need your Venmo!)
You know I’m in.
I’m usually outside @JoshFossgreen’s house most days yelling up at the windows and shouting video suggestions. It would be great if he dropped the restraining order and invited me in one of these times.

15 Likes

Thanks for your input everybody! I’ll keep coming up with a topic to focus on for the streams, and doing Q&A afterwards.

Love this idea, it’d be a good format to teach stuff that I haven’t figured out how to make a super bangin’ tight video for yet.

You mean I shouldn’t just copy everything Rick Beato does???

Yes! Meant to do this more on the last one, was so caught up in tech issues and gear mess I didn’t get to be particularly creative.

I would like to understand the hype too! It’s cool, not sure if it’s $1000 cool, but I feel really cool having and using it.

Makes sense!

Haha good shout!

Thanks for the perspective! I agree and the livestreams will not be crowding out the standard videos at all, this is 100% bonus.

Yeah that would be fun! I’d have to figure out the tech of it all, but maybe @Gio would fit inside my living room…

Gio and I also have a fantasy about doing a podcast-y thing where we shoot the shit and talk about bass stuff, maybe if I mention that here and y’all start harassing us about it it’ll actually happen???

I’ll talk to my lawyers, maybe we can discuss over dosa at Udupi Palace.

13 Likes

If yu look at a lot of podcasts, it is simply a couple of guys shooting the shit. You and Gio would make a great team doing that. Just two guys with a common love, doing like the guys at Anderton’s do and shoot the shit about bass stuff. Good idea…@GIO, YOU NEED TO DO THIS AND STOP MESSING AROUND!!! (we might beat you up if you don’t)

8 Likes

Ooooh, good idea! Podcasts are fun to listen to on long drives, or while working.

Harass! HARASS! HARASS!

Look at me harassing you.

8 Likes

@JoshFossgreen This^^^

But if you and Gio do the Andertons “All About the Bass” thing, you gotta include some inspiringly rad and totally badass duets like those guys do! They fucking groove! It would be fantastic to see you and Gio play like two Golden Retrievers with a tennis ball. On bass, of course.

9 Likes

Oh Im totally into All about the bass, with shiz and giggles.

As Nathan is gone I dont tend to enjoy chemistry between Lee and Cici.

6 Likes

Aw, crap. Nathan is gone? Damn. I really enjoyed his playing.

4 Likes

Yeah for quite a while now. They arent saying why.

4 Likes

I just read that he is currently on tour with his brother in Level 42.

5 Likes

Hell yeah! A podcast would awesome. Great idea.

5 Likes

I’d add to poadcasty thing basses in their hands, and make em improv on the spot :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I am 100% down for a BassBuzz podcast. Whether it be a occasional YouTube thing or a full blown series…I am ready for it!

3 Likes

@JoshFossgreen - this is needed!
The bass podcasts out there are few, and, well, meh at best. Even the interviews with famous bassists. They all seem to be missing something….I think they call it “personality” or, have too much of one Uber chatty guy’s personality.

I think your demeanor and personality would go far on a bass podcast. People forget they need an element of entertainment to them too.

8 Likes

I suspected that this was the hype, lol.

4 Likes

Yes, this :point_up:

3 Likes

I really liked that you got us all with cool pedals but went into teacher mode and showed us how to use pedals to improve our playing. It felt very Josh. :sunglasses: :+1:

I prefer Option 1, if you want to standardize, but mixing it up with occasional Q&A’s and having guests would be cool also.

4 Likes

I concur with starting off with a topic and leaving a bit of time towards the end for some Q & A.
Podcasts and guests also sound good.

4 Likes