I think I might be a real bass player!

So, I have been playing for almost 8 months now. I finished the course a couple of weeks ago. I would have finished much sooner, but I got sidetracked jamming every weekend with a couple of buddies. I would then come home and practice what I had learned with them, and sort of put the course on the back burner.

Not necessarily a bad thing, because in my opinion, playing with those guys really accelerated my learning curve. But, I hate to start something and not finish it, especially if it has value, and this course certainly does.

But let me get to the real point of this post. I auditioned this week for the worship team at my church. It’s a pretty big church with 3 campuses, and 3 worship teams per campus that rotate weekends. They are pretty high-tech. I didn’t have any idea what most of the stuff even was that I was plugged into. I had to take their recommendations for in ear monitors (a first for me), and I was plugged into a DI box (another first).

All of this can be pretty intimidating (at least to me), but add to it the scheduling conflict that came up which had the worship leader emailing me a week early and asking me if I could audition that night (yikes!).

As shot as my nerves were, I accepted the challenge. I dug in a little deeper with practice that day, and went in that night and nailed the audition. They seemed impressed that I could hold down the bottom that well after only a few months of playing.

So, I think I will pat myself on the back a little bit. I deserve it. But really, Josh, you deserve the credit. What an outstanding course! It has made me so much better than I would be if were trying to muddle through on my own.

29 Likes

Well, congratulations. That’s just awesome.

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Yes you do.
Playing with other like minded people is a hoot :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very cool. Congratulations @Doug_Keese .

1 Like