Impatience

I ordered a new (to me) bass from a seller on Reverb.

I just got the tracking information a couple of hours ago.

It’s not here yet.

I don’t know if I can make it for the next week.

5 Likes

I have connections with all the shippers. Send $100.00 to my PayPal account and I will pull some strings. No guarantees as to the results, and no refunds. Just send the money ASAP. Check back with me in a week…

9 Likes

Hah! Somehow I feel a bamboozling coming on. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey, you’re a pretty smart fella… I guess I’ll just move on to the next sucker… err… I mean prospect.

4 Likes

If you give me $50 I’ll make sure Pam meets her commitments

5 Likes

Waitaminute. How did this go from me anxiously awaiting my new bass to Paypal’ing a bunch o’ forum people!?

3 Likes

You’re no longer impatiently waiting, instead you’re focused on alleged acts of bamboozlement.

That’s the service mate. $10 please

4 Likes

@JustTim since I like you, I will provide my service at no charge this one time. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

3 Likes

Puts me in mind of the business card of Dishonest John from Beany and Cecil

“Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, special rates weekends and holidays.”

Which is where the song comes from.

To be more topical, be prepared to have the delivery slip. Shipping is a roll of the die these days.

4 Likes

Which means rerouting your bass to her house so she can pull your strings

4 Likes

Blargh, I know. Bad enough I’m already refreshing the tracking page every hour. =/

HAH!

2 Likes

@JustTim Just to be sure pm me and have them send it to me first I’ll inspect the bass then I’ll contact @PamPurrs to make sure she’d use her connections to get it shipped to you ASAP. You can never be too careful.

2 Likes

I dropped my P-bass off at a luthier this afternoon for a proper setup. It’s now 9:00pm, and I feel like calling him to see if it’s ready :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, mine would be a week minimum and that’s after an appointment which usually at least a few days out. Thanks Covid-19.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it will be at least a week and a half, maybe two. Every luthier in the area is booked solid thorough October.
I just understand what @JustTim is going through.
“But, but, but…I just want my bass!”

1 Like

Mines backed up for over two months. Not many here belive it or not and he’s the only one that advertises that he knows his crap about bass (he’s a bass player).

1 Like