Impossible bass lines

According to Wikipedia, the bass line on “Living on a prayer” was recorded by Hugh McDonald uncredited. He replaced Bon Jovi’s original bass player (Alec John Such) in 1994.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @Mike_NL :+1:

1 Like

For me I find “A little respect” (the Wheatus version) hard. It’s no so much it’s complex but hitting that rapid line straight away really messes me up. Something like Livin on a prayer, not a problem for me but straight in and a solid 1 e & a 2 e & a …etc without any lead up? Seems simple but it’s such a hard thing for me to do without really concentrating on it and even then, lol. It’s amazing what you can block you.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble with involving the open E string in the bass line @Ferengo .I’m tending to use the A in the 7th fret. Not a conscious decision , it just happens :woozy_face:
And it’s really frustrating me

1 Like

@Mac What tab are you using? Way back I was given a tab by a teacher and tried it. For me it was how it was laid out. I worked it out in a simpler layout. Exactly the same notes but just a way that made more sense to me. Then something that took 2 weeks to try and get right, clicked in less than a half hour.

1 Like

I’ve been trying cover solutions tab off of YouTube @Ferengo
Not looked at Josh’s video yet I’m ashamed to say.

@Mac The tab for the main riff looks right. It’s how I’d play it, not the weird way I got shown. Not sure I can suggest anything other than play it slow and gradually speed it up as you feel comfortable. Sorry I couldn’t suggest anything else.

1 Like

No no thanks for your input @Ferengo and everyone that’s replied.
I was really just venting frustration but the suggestions will certainly be taken onboard and attempted

1 Like