Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi Josh,
I uploaded another cover, but put it in the wrong place.
Would you be able to move it into the correct location.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Done! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Akos, and I have just started my journey towards badassery today. (I’m already a badass on the E string btw.)

I don’t have much of a musical background: played piano for around a year but had to quit when I moved abroad, and then played drums for around half a year but had to quit because my downstairs neighbor did not appreciate my art.

Last weekend I was really bored, and thought I’d address that problem by buying a bass. Molly arrived yesterday in good health (34" and 3.6 kg), and today I signed up to the badass course. Hopefully there’s going to be no complications this time and I can finish what I’ve started…

Looking forward to asking all sorts of stupid questions here!

9 Likes

Welcome @akos. Enjoy the course!

5 Likes

Nice SR! Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome @akos

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @akos,
Enjoy the ride, if you have done 6 months of drums, that’s gunna make it easier for you to pick up the bass.
The b2b course is easy to follow, and will keep you heading in the right direction.
Josh’s tuition style makes it fun and I’m sure you will be a big fan of Billie Jean in no time.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @akos

3 Likes

Welcome @akos!

2 Likes

I’m German, age 52 and a total beginner this July 2020.
I’ve played in a garage band with my brother and two friends when I was 15 or so, for some years (keys and vocals), when I was introduced to Level 42 by our bassist.
Mark King is a God, of course, and until today I regularly listen to the old Level albums as well as his solo albums.
I have always considered bass to be the coolest instrument, so now, more than 35 years later, I have finally managed to get myself a Cort Action PJ Open Pore Walnut (great beginner’s bass, I think, very high quality without unnecessary stuff that is only confusing to a noob) to find out if I am up to playing it.
I know I’ll never become a “real” bassist, but if I can improve enough to one day play along to Dune Tune, 43, Heathrow, and eventually Mr Pink, I’ll be perfectly happy.

I have checked out many channels offering bass lessons on Youtube and I guess this is the best one. It actually focuses on teaching me stuff, instead of mainly talking about when the teacher has jammed with which musicians, where, and why.
It also doesn’t try to cram too much into a single video, which makes it much easier to digest for somebody who doesn’t know crap about music theory or actually playing an instrument.
And after having read a few dozen threads on this forum, I think this is a good place to be, to learn about bass.

'Nuff said now, I gotta get back to practising.
See you guys later.

12 Likes

Welcome to the community @Gaius!

5 Likes

Welcome @Gaius

5 Likes

Thanks, Jerry.

5 Likes

Thanks, Pam. Awesome custom rose on one of your basses, btw.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Gaius,
It’s never to late to start learning anything new.
You have come to the right place here, the b2b course keeps you heading in the right direction and keeps you motivated to develop your chops.
Everyone on the forum is always supportive and willing to lend a helping hand.
It’s like a family spread out across the :earth_americas:
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Gaius

2 Likes

Hi! I’m kind of an introvert. Consider myself and intermediate player. Good times…good talk…love the videos.

8 Likes

Welcome @Ordcorpdw

4 Likes

Welcome @Ordcorpdw

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Ordcorpdw!

3 Likes