Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Weird.

Yes. A few hundred meters from the Rhine in Cologne. If I’m not terribly wrong your area is less populated than urban Cologne and retains more of the natural beauty :slight_smile:

Also welcome to everyone else who joined in the last days. Had stuff to do and didn’t check the forum often :wink:

3 Likes

I am not very far from Cologne, in American distances it would be the city next door…
1,5 h by car. To the Music Store :smile:
And yes, I live in between Wineyards! Very natural :joy:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Moselanian. Very nice collection of basses you have there.

6 Likes

Welcome @Moselanian
Great collection of basses :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

I tried a lot and these 5 remained. I use all 5 of them depending on the occasion.

By the way, I think @JoshFossgreen is left-handed and plays right-handed :grinning:
Quite the other way round.

7 Likes

Welcome @Moselanian. Nice bass, I also have an ESP LTD B-4E. I love it. My stingray’s are my first choice of go to bass, but the B-4E is my close second., then Ibanez SR400, then some 5 strings and others too.

3 Likes

Welcome @Dani

5 Likes

Welcome @Moselanian. Nice basses!

5 Likes

Reading terms of committing myself to the community. Organizing my thoughts to serious commitment. A lining things to make this experience my best. I will be 70 in December. Which God is giving me the opportunity to fulfill my one of my heart’s desire. That’s why this course is so important to me. I wish to play music with my Bass, that each note will have me bobbing my head to the beat of the song. I can feel a lot of love in the community. Thanks Y’all ! :flushed::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

My favourite one is the black Jazz Bass, I really do not know why. I love to play with it.
In context of our band, you hardly hear it, even if I pump up the volume. I think I will change the PUs in the nearer future, I thought of the SD Quarter Pounders.
In Band context, I mostly use the G&L and the LTD. The LTD is my newest one, but I think it will become the main one.
The output for me is quite similar to the G&L, but the neck feels just like the JB.
But at home just playing for myself, the JB will always be the number one :smile:

7 Likes

Hi Josh!
I just started yesterday! So excited to have discovered your lessons. I’ve been playing around off and on with my bass for a couple of years (mostly off!), but haven’t really learned enough on my own or been consistent. My bass is a Fender Squier Jazz bass and I really like the sound of it - can’t wait to be able to give it a good workout!

I love that you start with very basic lessons and you make it fun to play together! I still feel like an absolute beginner, even after a couple of years. Looking forward to progressing!!
Thanks!
Janet

10 Likes

Welcome @jwademusic19 (Janet). Enjoy the course!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard Janet. @jwademusic19
Jamie

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @jwademusic19,
You have come to the right place.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Another young bloke signing up to fulfill his passion.
I’m sure you will in no time be bopping around the house :+1:
It is great to feel your enthusiasm, it’s what inspires everyone else.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @Sherman, ex-guitar players and even current guitar players are welcome, as long as you repent. :church: :crazy_face:

Welcome @y.farkash, I admire the leading by example with your kids, maybe you can all play together someday. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Dani, glad you’re excited about bass!

Welcome @Moselanian, glad your kids teased you into a decent instrument and didn’t stick a woodblock in your hands. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the course and the forum Janet @jwademusic19!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @jwademusic19 (Janet)!

7 Likes

Welcome @jwademusic19

5 Likes

Welcome @jwademusic19!
Have fun with the course - it’s awesome.

5 Likes

Hmmm, Fender Jazz feels closest to the LTD B-4E (yours is a B-4E right?)
That intrigues me to want to try a Fender Jazz bass, I think you have sent me on a new quest.
I think Marcello, the Bass Wizard on YouTube said that Schecter makes a high quality Jazz Bass for a very reasonable price, I wonder how those compare, because I also have a quest for a Schecter 4 string.
I was looking more for a Stilleto from Schecter, hopefully early 2000’s Elite-4, but now I may combine the two quests into one and look at a Schecter Jazz Bass, I think the model is C-4, but I will need to look it up.
If I were looking to spend a lot of money, the MM Stingray would be my top quest, but this Schecter Jazz may be my more affordable quest, and climb to the top.
Unless affordable Sterling Stingray 34’s show up on the 2nd hand market.

2 Likes