Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @MattG, @CaveMan and @Sully3169

6 Likes

Welcome @Sully3169 Semper Fidelis Welcome to the community

6 Likes

you better stop hanging out around here so much, you will be a multiple bass guy, multiple amp guy, full pedalboard guy, DAI, DAW, DEBT, and the whole 9, wondering what the hell a smoker is, before too long.

8 Likes

for sure! i don’t know how i’ve managed to not buy a new bass amp and pedals already, you guys will be a great influence on my spending habits :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We aim to please :+1:

6 Likes

Hey caveman. so far so good. have fun.

7 Likes

Welcome @MattG and @CaveMan and @Sully3169!

9 Likes

Wow much respect to the USMC from one who is serving. what genre of music do you like??

4 Likes

A little bit of everything. Grew up on Country and Rock. I like alot of the 90s and the new melodic rock from here and Europe. But still real partial to my 80s hair bands! I loved the sunset strip scene in the 80s when I was stationed at Pendleton for awhile

4 Likes

Cool, i have a fairly eclectic taste and love playing ska and listening to iron maiden at the mo.

4 Likes

I’m Rick, or Mao to most online. I’m American. I have been around music since the day i was born. but I’ve not really dedicated any time to actually learning to play properly. It’s a bit of a hinderance since i have a lot of bad habits to break. But still fun all the same.

I found Bass Buzz on YouTube and after a few weeks of learning things i thought i already knew decided to put some green in Their pocket and make the most of being able to look at specific lessons that may help me to improve. I’m pretty confident and have a great ear. But my fretting isn’t fast enough for a lot of shifty music. But if it has a pretty standard or slow pattern i can finger style and or galop as fast as anyone. I enjoy messing around 4 or 5 hours a day with playing bass,

I spent a lot of time on Rocksmith2014, but after getting 100% on everything they had to offer of interest to me it’s become less prominent and I’m starting to listen to music and play along with it directly instead. If I’m not focused on bass or music in general I’m probably tinkering on my Bike, a 2000 Harley Sportster that loves to have a new issue once a year that needs addressing. Or working my life away at a Fence company as an installation manager. ( you would be surprised how many things in fence work actually helped my hands as far as stamina when playing bass). And i guess outside of that I’m a pretty boring guy.

But if you do want to talk about anything feel free to message me.

11 Likes

Welcome Rick @Mao! Glad you are here.

4 Likes

Thanks @LesterH

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mao
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Mao

6 Likes

Welcome @mao. I try to get 5-6 hours a day on my bass too. Fortunately I have the time to do it right now. Not sure what will happen after Covid and my disability ends and I have to go back to work, but for now I am happy with the ability to play for multiple hours per day.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Gibbs and I just got the course a couple of hours ago. For years, I’ve always been intrigued by the sound of the bass guitar, from listening to Michael Jackson, to RHCP, to RATM, Earth Wind Fire, and a lot more but somehow only in this covid19 pandemic where everyone’s just at home, where I started watching BassBuzz videos and recently took the dive to learn the bass. I got myself one, and this course and I am excited to learn. I’m in no rush to become great, and I will enjoy the journey! Hope everyone has a great day!

11 Likes

Welcome @originalgibbs

6 Likes

Welcome @originalgibbs

4 Likes

Welcome @originalgibbs!

5 Likes