Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @chessmaster444!

4 Likes

Welcome @Bassman55. I started at 70 so don’t feel old. You and I have much in common… We both like guns, we both like Italian food, and we are both from Illinois (I’m from Chicago). Also, judging by your first photo, we have that in common also.
To my knowledge, there is no Senior or Veteran discount for B2B. If there were, I would have taken advantage of at least one of them. It’s worth every penny though.

7 Likes

Welcome @chessmaster444 and @Bassman55

4 Likes

Glad you are here @Bassman55.
Enjoy the ride

5 Likes

Hi, welcome.
You just write your bio in a thread, just like how you did it when you hit REPLY and asked this question.

There is no special place to do it, this whole thread is for new people to introduce themselves to the Bass Buzz community, and receive welcomes from all of us.
You did fine asking that question, so just do that again, in this thread “Introduce yourself” hit reply, and tell us all you want us to know, so we can get to know you better.

We Have a “Show us your Basses” thread
Show us your Amps
Show us your straps
show us your practice area
All for fun, its not a contest or anything, just some want to show off their toys, so we do it therre, same for the other stuff.

Then we have a thread called GAS, and another called MBD. If you don’t know what either of those are (they are abbreviations, not actual gas or mbd), then try not to look into those, your wallet will thank you for it.

Of course, you are gonna check out GAS and MBD before you even search the threads for the Basses, straps, amps, etc… aren’t you.

Welcome and ask anything anytime
The only Stupid Question is
The
That
i
s
Not
a
s
k
e
d

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @chessmaster444,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bassman55,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@PamPurrs for me it’s guns, guitars, and motorcycles. It just doesn’t get any better!

6 Likes

Is for me too, but I had to give up riding after 40 wonderful, accident free years. I still have my memories and all my photos from trips around the USA.

11 Likes

Welcome @Bassman55

Yes you should.
You will not regret it and there is no risk.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks! You are only a couple hours away, glad to see someone else from northern IL here…

4 Likes

Sweet…

6 Likes

Ok. We GOTTA form a BassBuzz Bike Club!! :grin::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Unlike @PamPurrs, I did not have as many accident-free years and was a bit of an idiot on two wheels. Had to give mine up. I wish this was only 10 years ago, but looking at the current year, it’s closer to 20. :slight_smile:

chickenstrips

11 Likes

Yep I know exactly what you mean @chordsykat
Broken hand from punching a car mirror off, dislocated knee from a crash at a roundabout, broken leg from riding in snow, and the list goes on.
Always rode fast and treated the rode like I owned it.
Not ridden a deal for 2 years since my workplace accident but I will be back on 2 wheels once my head gets sorted lol

8 Likes

one badly sprained ankle, both kneecaps covered in scar tissue, one fingernail ripped off (through gloves!), all from different incidents… I got off lucky :slight_smile:

I wrecked a motorcycle the first time I rode one and still loved them to death, rode sportsbikes for 20 years before finally admitting defeat to the bay area traffic meatgrinder.

8 Likes

I thought i’d share a pic of my ride, its a bit safer than 2 wheels, but still a whole lot of fun.
500 HP is plenty :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

14 Likes

Anyone can restore a classic to original condition. It takes real guts to cut it up and make it as stunning as yours!!

5 Likes

WOW! I did a '68-'69 ish Triumph Spitfire convertible once but never got it to that level, wowsa!

5 Likes