Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Exactly. I’m not sure that I know for sure. Perhaps more than I gathered.

2 Likes

The first rule of Banana Club is…

7 Likes

Bassbot tell us about Banana Club

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’ve just signed up to the Beginner to Badass program and to the forum.

I’ve been playing bass (self taught) for around 15 years, good enough to gig semi-regularly in a pub-rock covers band but with no formal instruction or music theory. I’ve recently joined a new band with a more funk/dance/r&b focus, and it’s made me realize that I have serious knowledge gaps when it comes to those styles, techniques (slap…) and how to improvise; mostly due to being self taught and getting complacent with being “good enough” to play a normal pub-rock cover set.

I hope this program and forum will re-invigorate my bass playing and I look forward to chatting with everyone!

10 Likes

welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

@irontusk666 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum. I look forward to reading what you think of the course.

Welcome aboard, @irontusk666

Hope you enjoy your time here and good luck in the course! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

I’ve bought the course in hopes to pursue my life long dream in music. I just need to get the music out of my head and into a bass! I am in pursuit of my bass now; just need to figure out which one feels right.

Ken Thompson

8 Likes

Welcome @kwt7667 (Ken). You’ve certainly came to the right place to learn and talk all things bass! The B2B course is the best, and @JoshFossgreen is a great instructor! The forum here is very informative and supportive! Good luck on your quest, and also on your purchase of a good bass to learn on!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

Welcome and be careful. I’m not so sure that quest ever ends. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome. You will find this forum very nurturing to perusing your dreams!@kwt7667

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m here to learn how to play after being in a garage band in the mid 80’s and just having the guitarist showing me what to play. Our best songs were Separate Ways by Journey and our signature song was Don’t Tell Me You Love Me by Night Ranger. I’m 53 years old and I signed up because I want to play in church. I’m left handed and have an Ibanez Gio GSR200L in red. It is definite a budget bass but it gets the job done to learn. I’m looking forward to learning how to really play the bass and then upgrade. Choices are kinda limited for lefty’s though.

12 Likes

Welcome! I’m excited to see what your leftie style is! You are going to rock this!

2 Likes

@forrestgibb Welcome!
If you didn’t know, @JoshFossgreen is left handed but he plays bass right handed.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, @forrestgibb . . . :slight_smile:

That’s how I got started :+1:

2 Likes

@forrestgibb Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome @forrestgibb!

2 Likes

I believe you. One big thing for me is trying to determine if I want a P-bass or a J-Bass. I’m primarily looking for a nice warm bass to melodic playing. I’ve just never gotten a satisfactory answers about those two basses, or even the PJ for that matter. Some people say, “get both!” But, that’s stretching it a bit with my wife. I’d rather have one really nice bass rather than two sorta nice basses. It might just come down to getting one now and waiting a long time to get another one.

2 Likes

Class of '84 I bet! Another lefty here, but I’m going to give it a go on a right handed bass. Love those tunes!

2 Likes