Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @lonis.pawprints glad you are here.

Been a while since I did the course so I’m not the best to answer but I’m sure someone will.

5 Likes

Hello @lonis.pawprints and welcome. Very nice to meet you. As for resuming where you left off, for me…when I go to Account then My Lessons, it automatically picks up where I left off.

5 Likes

My lessons always showed which were complete as I checked the mark to show complete which made it easy to see where I left off.

Billie Jean is still friggin unchecked. Damn Billie Jean. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Welcome @SteveATL

7 Likes

Welcome @SteveATL.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @SteveATL ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Go to
Lessons
My Lessons

There an orange box in the middle of the screen that says “Get Going”

Click that and it fire’s up the next uncompleted lesson.

7 Likes

Welcome @lonis.pawprints !

5 Likes

@JadedMantis , Welcome!
Absolutely not. One could argue you don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a high quality bass guitar for learning purposes, however, if you are able to, and are not financially ruined by the purchase, then any bass is good to learn on.
The important thing is to buy a bass that will inspire you to pick it up and play every day, at least for 10 minutes if thats all you got that day.

@smh4wd , Welcome!
@SteveATL , Welcome! @JoshFossgreen is also 6’7", so you are in good company.

@lonis.pawprints, Welcome!

7 Likes

… with extraterrestrial fingers!

7 Likes

Hi everybody,

I’m a bass beginner and I’ve never played any musical instrument before. I bought an Harley Benton Jazz bass from Thomann almost one year ago, paint it and assembled it. The idea was to use it as a decorative item for my bedroom. I then realize that playing it would be much more satisfying and, one baby step at a time, I learned some
basic stuff and I am now able to play very simple scales and partitions.

I am really struggling with rhythm and hands synchronization. Thinking to the notes, moving my hands and hearing metronome beats in parallel is quite confusing for me (especially metronome beats). I’m the kind of person whom is unable to extract a rhythm from a song or know when guitar, bass or drums are playing. Everything is mixed up in my ears. Anyway, I try to bite size the exercises in rhythmic and moving sessions but do not see a lot of progress for the moment.

In order to improve myself and learn new things, I’ve watched a ton of videos on Youtube and especially Josh’s videos. They are really instructive and refreshing, so a big thank you Josh !

Best regards from France,

PS: I just have bought a Tokai Thunderbird for Christmas (Christmas is a bit early this year :slight_smile: ) and will get it on Saturday !

12 Likes

Welcome aboard, @ThunderChris . . . glad to have you here with us :slight_smile:

Good luck with getting started in bass, and remember to have fun with it!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @ThunderChris ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Glad you are here @ThunderChris

Watching lots of videos is good, but taking the BassBuzz course gives some structure to your learning and skill development that will not be there looking at random videos. Most here highly suggest taking the course. You won’t be disappointed.

6 Likes

Welcome @ThunderChris !

4 Likes

Welcome @ThunderChris

5 Likes

Hello @ThunderChris and welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome @ThunderChris , early Xmas is very common these days :wink: since we all buy …

5 Likes

It’s been an awesome journey I’m on lesson 10 I play every night after I come home from martial arts training it’s a nice way to wind down before I go to bed I really enjoy it.

7 Likes

Aloha!

My name is Chris, and I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. I’m 52, and have been playing guitar for 40 years, and I teach guitar and flute. I am the front man for a Celtic Rock band here in Hawaii, and pre-covid, we played festivals here in Hawaii and on the mainland. I just started the B2B course because my bass skills are sadly lacking. I was in the first lesson where Josh was wearing his “Tracks We Leave” shirt that I connected the face, he used to play for one of my favorite bands in the genre. Josh joined shortly after I left California for Hawaii, so I never had the opportunity to see him play.

At any rate, I’m glad to be a part of the community.

12 Likes