Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi everyone! Just bought the B2B course and ready to go. I bought a nice 5-string about a year ago, and I’m enjoying it very much. Pretty much a total beginner.

Not really new to music, and have played synthesizers for decades. Free form soundscape stuff. I’m a bit tired of that scene right now. Somehow, I talked my way into a jam with a friends band that had broken up. Gulp! I need to get real and get real quickly.

This seems like a friendly place, Glad to be here!

15 Likes

Welcome aboard @Balfour23 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome @Balfour23

8 Likes

Man, i love seeing new people take up the bass! Welcome @Balfour23 ! You’ve made a seriously good decision! Not only did you find what i consider (I’m pretty biased) the best bass and music lessons available for a beginner-You’ve also locked into getting the wisdom of @JoshFossgreen!

A huge bonus is this forum. Everyone here is just top shelf. Its hard to believe a better, more knowledgeable group could come together.

Everyone here loves bass, and I’ve never seen a question be too simple to answer kindly.

Come on, strap up, flip that switch, dimeout that volume and let’s go break some sh!t!

10 Likes

Welcome @Balfour23 !

8 Likes

Glad you are here @Balfour23

9 Likes

Hey @Balfour23, welcome! B2B is as real as a donut. And twice as tasty. Strap up and settle into the pocket for some seriously fun and valuable training courtesy of our trusty bass teacher and our always helpful B2B group.

8 Likes

Welcome @Blafour23, the world needs more bass players!

9 Likes

Welcome @Balfour23
enjoy your journey
@AnotherJosh you can never have enough Bass Players

8 Likes

Agreed, i think of the band in idiocracy

8 Likes

Hey I’m Adam! My favorite genres are pop-punk, hard rock, and metal. I want to learn bass guitar to honor my music professor who passed away suddenly two years after I graduated college. I took music fundamentals with him and it sparked my interest in theory. I earned nothing less than 90 percent on every exam so he was always pushing me to do something with music but I never did. So I see this as a way that I can finally make it up to him.

16 Likes

Welcome @arm006 ! What a great way to honor your professor.

8 Likes

Glad you are here @arm006

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @arm006 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Welcome, @arm006. This is the perfect place to learn how to play and apply theory. Josh is a master at imparting knowledge disguised as having fun. Glad you’re with us.

9 Likes

Welcome @arm006 !
Super glad you are here! Love seeing people strap on a bass.
Play him an epic, you both deserve it!

9 Likes

Welcome @arm006

9 Likes

Welcome @arm006
enjoy your journey

8 Likes

Welcome to all the low end dwellers of the abyss.

10 Likes

Yep, welcome.

And

Welcome @arm006

8 Likes