Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome, @normnett. Glad you’re with us. Josh will show you what you need to know. Great lessons, great group. Have fun!

But I’ll trade you some weather. We’ve been in 100+F degrees (38+C degrees) temperatures here in Texas for weeks, with the forecast calling for more of the same for the foreseeable future. :sweat:

7 Likes

Welcome @normnett !

7 Likes

Welcome @asikes ! Really glad you are here- but don’t throw out that trumpet just yet. You might find you need a hat rack. Or, you may find you want to play it. They are pretty slick. I’ve never played, but watching reel big fish makes me wish i did.

7 Likes

Welcome @normnett ! You’ve chosen well if you want a solid foundation for bass. The forum is full of people who are really kind and helpful. I can tell you’re not from united states because when you say banjo it doesn’t make me cringe.
Enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

6 Likes

Glad you are here @normnett

6 Likes

And wetter :joy:
We’re coping some 2 degree nights here at the moment but clear 20 degree days

7 Likes

Good on ya Mac @Mac ,
Today was ok, but it’s been shit this last week :grimacing::grimacing:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Yeah Thanks Brian, I really love it, got a small patch out in the Moore Creek Valley and it is beautiful, especially when we get some rain, if you have never been here for the Country Music Festival, come along, it is tremendous fun and the gap between the Keith Urbans and the busker in the street is only a hairs breadth in many cases, I love watching the new ones coming along, enjoying the fun and personal growth they get from Music.

6 Likes

Thanks Mate, very kind of you, I love my banjo, but some of your folk over there are a class I will never be able to attain.

7 Likes

I love Reel Big Fish!

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @normnett

Don’t forget everyone, especially our new members, we have our Live Hangout tomorrow at 4pm ET!

7 Likes

B2B Live Hang Meeting Link (Reoccuring)

6 Likes

Gday Norm @normnett ,
Have been up your way plenty of times.
I was a Directional driller working all over the country, did plenty around Armidale, Scone, Ebor, Dorrigo, Tamworth, used to love driving up and down the moonbies :grimacing::grimacing: in the semi trailer
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Welcome @asikes @normnett
Enjoy your journey
Ex New South Welshman here. Now live in Wait A while WA

6 Likes

We’re doing well here @papkerry . All we need is someone from SA , Tazzie and the NT to have all the states represented :joy:

7 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me @Mac

5 Likes

Hi y’all!
I’m a middle aged dude that runs a construction equipment sales and rental location, has served in the Air Force as a weapons loader on A-10s, B-52s and F-15Es, raised three kids to adulthood, been married 30 years and decided I needed to pursue the new hobby that I’ve wanted to learn since high school. So in yet another attempt to relive my days in the 80s I convinced my wife to let me get a bass guitar setup for my next mid life crisis moment \m/ (>_<) \m/
After hedging on the actual purchase for months I decided to leave my Guitar Center cart page open in the her laptop. She took the hint and ran with it for Fathers Day :slight_smile:
Landed a Squire Classic Vibe 60s P Bass in sunburst along with an Ampeg 200 watt Rocket Bass combo. Yes, 200 watts is overkill for a newb like me but I really like the sound and features of the Rocket Bass line, the 100 watt was on back order and going bigger seemed like a good idea.

My musical history is pretty old. Played cello from 6th grade middle school to my sophomore year then tried vocals in a couple of friends garage bands covering 70-80s metal and some punk hardcore.
Started my B2B lessons yesterday and am loving it!
My favorites bassist include Geezer Butler, Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, Kenny Aaronson, Geddy Lee, Roger Waters, Bootsie Collins and lots more. I’ve always been drawn to the bass lines in music, love the rhythm and groove it carries.
Hoping to be learn to play some great riffs of my favorite music to help shed the stress from work and everything else.
Maybe get decent enough to jam with my son who still plays guitar.
Other interest include bourbon, Star Wars, Miniature war games, camping, hunting, fishing and watching music videos very loud with the wife on Friday nights to kickoff the weekends.
Thank you all!

17 Likes

Welcome @Portland_Paul

8 Likes

Glad you are here @Portland_Paul !!

I’m on the Bourbon trail of late too. It’s fun (even the ice is fun!).

Are you watching Kenobi?
Holy crap it’s fantastic!!

9 Likes

Welcome @Portland_Paul. You’ll like it here.

9 Likes