Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

@PamPurrs Audacity is very simple by comparison and is considered recording software. Reaper is a full featured DAW with a virtually unlimited ability manipulate sound. Unfortunately, it has a steep learning curve. On the upside, both have a lot of YouTube videos for learning how to use them.

For me, Audacity already does more than what I need.

1 Like

Hey All! Joined awhile ago but never posted until now. My oldest daughter is a great piano player and I always wanted to try and learn an instrument to play along with her. Played around with Rocksmith and picked up a used electric guitar (Epiphone Less Paul I believe). I tried out the guitar and enjoyed it but had a lot of difficulty with strumming patterns. My oldest got herself a boyfriend who plays guitar and my guitar suddenly disappeared when he would come to visit.

So, I thought… why not look at getting a bass guitar. So I did. I picked up a used but in mint condition Ibenez SR400 and started out with a couple of video tutorials from none other than Josh. Soon I was cheating by rocking out to some Rocksmith bass tunes and now I am really loving it. I still have tons to learn and look forward to picking up some tips and tricks in the forum as well as drooling over some of those basses you guys have been posting.

Regards,

Chad

4 Likes

Welcome @RugNutz!

1 Like

Welcome @Smelly_Kelly! (I’ll take your word on the “smelly” part :stuck_out_tongue:)

Welcome @PeeZee63, glad you’re enjoying the course!

And welcome Chad @RugNutz!

3 Likes

You’re doing it right.
Anything that creates music space = you’re doing it right!!!

3 Likes

Welcome @RugNutz!

1 Like

hi everyone , my name is r.j , im from Mohnton pa . ive been playing bass on and off since im 12 . mostly off though. I started the course last October I think , was doing really well until the end of jan. just kinda left life get in the way like I always do. so I restarted the course last week , and im not going to fall off this time.plus theres plenty of time with the whole virus thing . besides , I am almost 59 years old , if not now , when ? I like all types of music , but love blues , at the same time I have always been the kind that if I liked the bass line , I liked the song. my fav artist would have to be walter trout . not sure what else to say , except , rock on !

11 Likes

Welcome aboard, @rj1 . . . :slight_smile: Was only teasing you about your favorite genre inthe other thread :grin: lol

Glad you’re with us and we’ll see you around the Forums!

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!!
Welcome, and happy bass playing!

3 Likes

Been a member of this sight for almost three weeks now, so I’m overdue submitting a proper introduction. I been tinkering with guitar and drums for almost 40 yrs, make just enough noise to entertain myself. Never really got proficient with either instrument. Now finally retired from Civil Service/Military, moved to the Mtns of North Georgia and decided its about time to learn how to play an instrument properly. I’m about to finish Module 8 and really enjoying the course. Josh has a great teaching style and the info I’ve gained off reading the forum has really accelerated the learning process. My goal is finishing the course in a month or so, joining the graduates of B2B. and playing some good bass.
Thanks for all the inspiration and keep rocking

Bob

7 Likes

welcome @461 and @rj1 (and anyone else I may have missed). Great place here, and lots of support on these forums. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Welcome from Middle Georgia @461 Bob… Also retired from Fed Service back in 2012…

1 Like

Welcome to the community @rj1 & @461!
Jerry

1 Like

hell yes, we’re interested - show us when you get it

Welcome to the forum RJ @rj1 and Bob @461!

Howdy, Everyone! I go by KWIF online.
The first time I have played an instrument was in the 6th grade and it was the upright bass. I like the upright bass more than the bass guitar but I still want to know how to play. It was easy for me, in the beginning, to switch between instruments because the strings and notes were in similar places but the more I play I realize that my fingers always hit the frets and that I have a slow translation between the notes and strings and the notes are some time shaky. I came here in the hope of some pointers on what I should do to improve my skills on bass.

8 Likes

Welcome @KWIF! You’ve come to the right place.
Jerry

1 Like

Welcome! I love upright bass too, though I’ve never played one. I just find the electric bass more practical, easier to mess around on, and better for finding others to play with.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @KWIF . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

@KWIF welcome to the forum!

Since you are proficient on the stand up bass, you might consider a fretless electric bass to solve your problem of always hitting the frets.

1 Like