Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome Paul @pdfromwv, glad you’re back on the bass and that you’re enjoying my lessons. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. I’m excited to be part of the BassBuzz group. I’m a beginner. Played piano as a kid. Wasn’t a fan!
Always thought bass players were the coolest. Kinda keeping the whole thing together and everyone on task…
I am a physician and have a (right now) stressful job and really enjoy my new hobby to focus on.
Nice to meet you all

Thomas

10 Likes

Welcome to the community @doctspedersen!

1 Like

Welcome @doctspedersen same here, not the same job, but the same reasons .

1 Like

Hi guys,

All new to the forum and the ‘beginner to badass’ course so let me introduce myself.
44 year old male from Belgium (Europe). Always wanted to learn how to play the bass but never actually started doing it. Did some things with synths and keyboards and drumcomputers etc. but the bass had to wait till my divorce.

First 2 numbers I was able to play along were ‘Monkey gone to heaven’ and ‘Hey’ both from The Pixies. Josh, maybe you can use these in a future version of the course, they are easy to learn too.

Hope to talk so much more with you guys about basses and maybe, who knows, one day to jam with one of you.

Cheers,
Sam

9 Likes

Welcome to all the new joiners!

Awesome. I love all of Doolittle. “Here Comes Your Man” is fun too, a little harder than those but still not so bad.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @doctspedersen and @SamAdler . . . :slight_smile:

Great to have you with us!

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Welcome @SamAdler to the community!

3 Likes

Er du fra Danmark, Thomas??

Tak for den store indsats I yder, altid, men især lige nu :smile:

Velkommen til!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Thomas @doctspedersen and @SamAdler!

1 Like

Hejsa.
Det kan du tro!
:denmark::denmark::denmark:

1 Like

@pdfromwv welcome to the forum. I’m a survivor also, and I’m glad you kicked cancer!

3 Likes

Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

So, I’m Jim, 63, and I’ve just signed up for the course. Although I have a very special instructor at the moment, I was very impressed with the 100% of the proceed for the course going to musicians currently out of work due to the current situation.

I’ve been involved in music one way or the other all my life since my family put on 45’s and watched me dance to them when I was 2. Mostly vocal performance (Barbershop Harmony), I’ve also dabbled in 6 string acoustic guitar (strumming chords from a Mel Bay book), some piano, drums, mandolin, and… well BASS!

Bought the Ibanez Jump Start kit (GSR109 in Black) and stuck it in a corner until a few weeks ago.

I live in Southern California - the greater Palm Springs area - and I’m looking forward to learning more about that bass!

Stay Tuned,
Jim

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @JPHaggerty!

2 Likes

Thanks, Jerry!
Just worked through the first two modules and really enjoying this so far…

Stay Tuned,
Jim

1 Like

Welcome, @JPHaggerty - isn’t it kinda late in Palm Springs right now??

I used to get a chance to come to PS in January for many years in connection with a conference - usually stayed in the Wyndham . Always enjoyed the crisp desert air, the margaritas and the chance for a round of golf in what was the middle of winter for us :smile:

2 Likes

Actually, it’s very early – in the morning! I’ve been up all night working with this course and getting some sourdough mixed and ready for baking later today.
It’s beautiful here this time of year! I’m really enjoying this but need to get SOME sleep. LOL

Stay Tuned,
Jim

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jim,
what a nice gesture from you @JPHaggerty and @JoshFossgreen
Jamie

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @JPHaggerty . . . :slight_smile:

Good luck in the course and see you around the Forums!

All best, Joe

1 Like